Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-05-2021, 11:35 AM   #91
Sirtel
Wizard
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8'', Kobo Libra H2O
I must be an exception then, because I hear no voice in my head when reading something. Perhaps that's the reason why I don't like poetry and why wordplay and clever wording leave me cold. I appreciate the story and the characters, not the way the story is worded, unless the wording is really atrocious.

Also my sense of rhythm is really poor. (I hate dancing, for example). So I don't even notice any rhythm in a text.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:44 PM   #92
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Lucky you.

I know some people have that advantage. Plenty of people need to actually hear poetry and plays. No doubt there might be a continuum. I've not seen any formal research. But I'm aware of both extremes.
Then I think I must be one of the lucky ones.

I do not read plays however as I feel they should be watched as they are intended to be a "performed" and just reading the text does not give you the full experience.

I also think live theatre strikes a particular chord in the English psyche, which may not be as strong in other cultures. Ditto Opera and Italian Culture or Film and US culture.
Thasaidon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:50 PM   #93
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Also my sense of rhythm is really poor. (I hate dancing, for example).
Welcome to the club.

Quote:
So I don't even notice any rhythm in a text.
Now there we do differ. Perhaps because I am very verbal and find it very difficult to think in pictures.
Thasaidon is online now   Reply With Quote