Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-08-2015, 02:34 AM   #1
Crafter
Crafter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPad Mini
Window Editor Resizing

Here's a small problem. In the last couple of Calibre iterations, whenever I open the editor, the editor does not seem to remember the Files Browser-"code window"-File Preview window sizes from session to session. The middle "code window" is always huge with the right and left Files Browser and File Preview tine columns. Looked at "preferences" but don't see what I'm doing wrong. Suggestions?
Crafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
Paulie_D
Connoisseur
Paulie_D began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Tab 4
Possibly related?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=244861
Paulie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2015, 03:44 PM   #3
Crafter

Yes, as reported seems to be an intermittent problem -- windows 7 64 running current Calibre 64. Today, not happening, yesterday, at least 10 times. Usually only one editor open at a time.

Thank you Paulie_D for your link! I'll experiment with the suggested cures.

Last edited by Crafter; 02-09-2015 at 03:46 PM. Reason: added name
Old 02-12-2015, 05:05 PM   #4
Crafter

I think I found the reason the windows keep re sizing -- whenever I keep the Find/Replace window open and proceed to close the editor, when I reopen, the frames re size into a large middle window and the Files Browser and Live Preview very small. If I close the Find/Replace window before closing, the editor will open to the last setting. Seems like the two should be an unrelated, but every time I've tried it, it works.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:57 AM   #5
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafter View Post
whenever I keep the Find/Replace window open and proceed to close the editor, when I reopen, the frames re size
Yes, it is.
The window Find / Replace requires a minimum width (different according to your selections: normal, regex, or function-regex).
When we left the editor with the Find / Replace window open, and then return to open it, the code window will open with the last width than it had, (the width of the window Find / Replace).
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert