Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-05-2015, 01:05 PM   #1006
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Great job issybird.
You can do this.
I would give you tips on the wine but it has been over 20 years since I went from more than one bottle a night to none.
Now as to the chocolate, never mind. Impossible to give up.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2015, 04:23 PM   #1007
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Glo HD, Aura One
I tell myself I have to hold it together just a bit longer. I'll go past Columbus Day if I must, as is likely, but it would be good to make a final push.

Thanks for the encouragement and the good words.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 06:26 AM   #1008
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Inspired by issybird, I'm going to take slightly more action over the next two months and get down below 70kg by the end of November. It's only 5kg/11 pounds in 8 weeks. Perfectly possible if I try hard, instead of spending more time hovering about 73/75kg.

Hmm.. I notice that in October last year I was actually down to 70kg. But it quickly went back on over Christmas, and more slowly over the rest of this year.

After I get back down to 70kg again, I shall try to make sure it doesn't slowly come back on again. Sigh.

Last edited by pdurrant; 10-06-2015 at 06:29 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 08:51 AM   #1009
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Inspired by issybird, I'm going to take slightly more action over the next two months and get down below 70kg by the end of November. It's only 5kg/11 pounds in 8 weeks. Perfectly possible if I try hard, instead of spending more time hovering about 73/75kg.

Hmm.. I notice that in October last year I was actually down to 70kg. But it quickly went back on over Christmas, and more slowly over the rest of this year.

After I get back down to 70kg again, I shall try to make sure it doesn't slowly come back on again. Sigh.
That was my basic game plan; get to where I'd like to be before the holiday season, both to avoid a sorry situation post New Year's and also to make myself aware during the six weeks from Thanksgiving. I don't want to or intend to be a pill during that time, but I'd like to make intelligent decisions and keep things in check.

Good luck, Paul!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:43 AM   #1010
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Honesty compels me to admit that I didn't make my Columbus Day goal; I'm 6/10s of a pound short. While I'd obviously have like to have done it, I'm not unhappy. I've lost 6.4 pounds in the last five weeks and I've had a good run.

I'll keep on with what I've been doing until I take off that last partial pound, and then I'll start adding back foods (cheese!) slowly, so I don't bounce back.
Advert
Old 10-12-2015, 11:05 AM   #1011
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great work issybird.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:23 AM   #1012
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Honesty compels me to admit that I didn't make my Columbus Day goal; I'm 6/10s of a pound short. While I'd obviously have like to have done it, I'm not unhappy. I've lost 6.4 pounds in the last five weeks and I've had a good run.

I'll keep on with what I've been doing until I take off that last partial pound, and then I'll start adding back foods (cheese!) slowly, so I don't bounce back.
Nine ounces is well inside the margin of error for measuring your weight. I think congratulations are in order.

I'm currently showing around 73.5kg, but the first kg is easy. It's maintaining weight loss over the next seven weeks that will be the tricky bit.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:05 PM   #1013
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Great work issybird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Nine ounces is well inside the margin of error for measuring your weight. I think congratulations are in order.

I'm currently showing around 73.5kg, but the first kg is easy. It's maintaining weight loss over the next seven weeks that will be the tricky bit.
Thanks, both!

Good going, Paul! I hear you on the long haul, but you're off to a great start.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:47 AM   #1014
orlok
Revision cycle 1
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Fire HDX 7, Kindle 6"
Quote:

Well done issy! Now if I can only give up that red wine...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:03 PM   #1015
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Well done issy! Now if I can only give up that red wine...
Thanks! And I'm pleased to say that I was down another 0.4 pound yesterday, so only 0.2 pound to go. (I didn't risk getting on the scale this A.M. )

Good luck. I've been drinking some red wine, but I cut back, and not every night. Although tonight will be one, I can tell already!
Old 10-14-2015, 06:27 PM   #1016
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Wasn't trying but I have lost 5 lbs in the last 6 months.
I can't believe I just typed that.
I spent the first 41 years of my life being underweight.
Yes, I needed to lose the 5.
Old 10-15-2015, 03:16 PM   #1017
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Three days late, but I've gone under my goal. Now, what do I eat?

Sorry folks, I promise to shuddup now. Thanks for listening.

Quote:
I spent the first 41 years of my life being underweight.
That's just... obnoxious.
Old 10-15-2015, 04:57 PM   #1018
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Thanks! And I'm pleased to say that I was down another 0.4 pound yesterday, so only 0.2 pound to go. (I didn't risk getting on the scale this A.M. )

Good luck. I've been drinking some red wine, but I cut back, and not every night. Although tonight will be one, I can tell already!
Great job! Losing weight is not easy, or everyone would do it!
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 05:17 PM   #1019
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Issybird,
Don't throw something at me but my heaviest weight before age 42 was 152.1 lbs. I was 42 weeks 6 days pregnant.
For the record, I was 5'8 when I got pregnant and 5'6 when I was 8 months pregnant.
I did gain the 2 inches back.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:07 PM   #1020
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Great job! Losing weight is not easy, or everyone would do it!
Thank you!

Quote:
Issybird,
Don't throw something at me but my heaviest weight before age 42 was 152.1 lbs. I was 42 weeks 6 days pregnant.
For the record, I was 5'8 when I got pregnant and 5'6 when I was 8 months pregnant.
I did gain the 2 inches back.
Um, it's kind of hard to feel good about weighing less than someone who was 11 months pregnant!

At least it's significantly less....