Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
Circumventing kindle for pc DRM

For somewhat reason I don´t know, I bought a book from Amazon, downloaded to my PC and then I couldn´t transfer it to my K2.

I pursued for hours each and every program and/or script to get rid from DRM (as I instinctively taught) so I could transfer a copy of my (legally) bought ebook sitting on my PC to my Kindle2.

Yesterday I came out with this thread: link removed

And, guess? In a couple of minutes a had a mobi copy from my prc file.

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 12-06-2010 at 09:31 AM. Reason: please don't post direct links to sites providing tools to break DRM
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, jglerner.

You went to your "Manage your Kindle Account" and tried redownloading (sending) the book to your kindle?

And it wouldn't do it, is that right?

Strange. But I'm glad you found some good info......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #3
jglerner
Connoisseur
jglerner doesn't litterjglerner doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3g (US), KT & PaperWhite, Nook ST
My discovery may help other people go get rid from DRM too, that was that I meant.
And its conversion (prc into mobi) is painless.

:lol:
jglerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
prc and mobi are actually the 'same' format and the Kindle can read both
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ea View Post
prc and mobi are actually the 'same' format and the Kindle can read both
Yes. However, a K4PC ebook is always a .prc and so a simple way to keep DRMed and DRM-free ebooks separate is to use .mobi for the DRM-free version.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Yes. However, a K4PC ebook is always a .prc and so a simple way to keep DRMed and DRM-free ebooks separate is to use .mobi for the DRM-free version.
Ah! Thanks I've never used K4PC, but that's a good rule of thumb (if you let your DRM'd files mingle with the DRM free.... )
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote