Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #1
petermj
petermj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Customizing Calibre's Access Log

In Calibre V2 you could see the user and the book title that was downloaded (among other things)'.

In version 3 it appears that only the book ID is put into the log when someone downloads a book.

I am wondering if it is possible to somehow customize what goes in the log and in what format (book name instead of book ID).

I have looked through the manual, but was not able to find how to do this. All I really need is a pointer to figure this out.

Thanks a lot.
petermj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Neither calibre v2 nor v3 log book titles when downloading. They both log only the requested url. It so happened that in v2 the requested url typically contained an asciified evrsion of the boot title and author.

If you want to get a book title from an id, use the calibredb command line tool.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2017, 10:10 AM   #3
petermj
petermj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you for your quick reply. OK, that makes sense, the URL changed...

I will look at the documentation for calibredb and figure it out, if I can't I will be back for some more guidance.

Thanks again.
petermj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
customization, log files