Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-17-2024, 08:46 PM   #1
Maimun Ahmed
Mr. Developer
Maimun Ahmed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Exclamation Disabling Wallabag and Other Plugins Through Code

Hi there Mobileread friends, I have a question to ask. I don't often use some of the plugins in KOReader (eg, wallabag) and I am willing to disable (or better, remove) them. I think there is an option in KOReader called plugin management that allows me to disable them, but why not completely remove it from the code. Is that possible to do so?

My current working solution is to detect the widget.name and prevent its pcall if it's the widget I don't want in filemanagermenu.lua and readermenu.lua.

Maimun Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:29 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
You can remove them but they will get downloaded again on each new update.

And makes no sense to remove them: all the plugins together are less than 2MB size. So, unless you need those megabytes you're better disabling them via the plugin management system.

Or, if you want them removed, make yourself a "0" userpatch that does that. See https://github.com/koreader/koreader...tches#overview

Half-backed solutions like the one suggested in OP give no real benefit over disabling plugins by usual means, and shall not be used.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2024, 09:49 AM   #3
nixR3ad
Enthusiast
nixR3ad began at the beginning.

Device: Sage / rm2
Removing them might be necessary if he is developing patches or his own plug-ins. Plug-ins s are "plugged in" because they can break new distribution development at times
nixR3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 12:45 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You can remove the plugins, but as stated any update will put them back. If you want to hack on them it's generally better to duplicate it and name it for example wallabag2. Disable regular Wallabag with the plugin manager.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 12:24 PM   #5
Maimun Ahmed
Mr. Developer
Maimun Ahmed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
You can remove them but they will get downloaded again on each new update.
Yeah, the update will bring back all the default plugins but I have made some other customisations to the source codes which will anyways break KOReader upon updating. So yeah, I won't be updating KOReader anyways.

Would have been great if there was a direct solution, like removing it from source code altogether.

Edit: Seems like I got the solution. Please reply below if anyone is also searching for the solution.

Last edited by Maimun Ahmed; 03-23-2024 at 04:01 AM.
Maimun Ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
developer, kindle, koreader, plato