Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-18-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Open With? Plugins?

I've seen somebody mentioning 'Open with' feature in Sigil. Now I started actively hunt for it, and can't find it anywhere.

And I came across some Sigil plugins, but have no idea how to use them (smarten_sigil_plugin.zip).

Could somebody please tell me what steps I'll need to take to be able to smarten punctuation inside Sigil?
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:19 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by travger View Post
I've seen somebody mentioning 'Open with' feature in Sigil. Now I started actively hunt for it, and can't find it anywhere.
Right click on a file in Sigil's Book Browser and you should see the 'Open with' option. It will allow you to choose an application to "open" the selected file with. Sigil will remember one such application for each file type.

Quote:
Could somebody please tell me what steps I'll need to take to be able to smarten punctuation inside Sigil?
Originally:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219835

And more recently:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=237543

The first link is basically about using 'Open with' feature to launch a batch file or bash script that would in turn launch a python script to modify the selected file.

The second link deals with modifications to the Sigil source code (that is then compiled to make a special version of Sigil) that would allow scripts to be run from menu items within Sigil.

Both would require the scripting interpreter (in this case Python) to be installed on the machine.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-18-2014 at 07:24 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2014, 02:40 PM   #3
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Thank you for pointing out where 'Open with' lives.

So, I unzip everything in smarten_sigil_plugin.zip into some folder of my choice, then use 'Open with', browse to that folder and point to smarten.bat? (and repeat it for every file)
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
That's pretty much it, yes. It's not very robust, but it does come in handy from time to time. If I'm working with html sources, I import it as one file and then smarten the punctuation before splitting it up into individual chapters/files.

EDIT: actually you only need to point to smarten.bat once (and give the "external application" a name). From that point on, you'll be able to right-click on an html file and run the script. "Open with" will remember one application per filetype (html, image, opf, etc...)

Last edited by DiapDealer; 04-20-2014 at 07:34 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote