Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-05-2016, 09:43 PM   #1
skuski
skuski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Pls Help re Kindle Graphite Unable to Connect

Hi... Thx for openning this thread!

I've bought a DXG Model D00801 Serial prefix B009 on software 2.5.8 from ebay in US. I'm using the device in Hong Kong. Otherwise a delighted new owner I am having problem registering it.

I have 4 black bars on attenna icon. I can browse bookstore giving me book suggestions (so data is certainly coming thru). But when I try to register on the device over 3G, it says "Unable to connect at this time".
411 page shows:
FRAS FIRS WEBSITE TODO CDE server is DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN
Certificate MISSING
Device Registered NO

Customer Service has manually put the serial number into my amazon account, so it shows on "My Contents and Devices" webpage. They say that's all they can do.

So I applied the jailbreak and reginfo updates, now Collection is unlocked and it displays my email as registered owner under setting.
Now 411 page shows:
FRAS FIRS WEBSITE TODO CDE server is DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN
Certificate MISSING
Device Registered YES

But whenever I try to sync contents to my account or download a sample from store, it would still insist Device not registered (despite both amazon webpage and my device being manually updated into a matching pair)... and whenever I try to launch web browser, it would say Unable to Connect.. I even tried to deregister over 3G, it would also say Unable to Connect...

Really quite stuck here... Any suggestions please?
Thank you very much!
skuski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:50 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Have you applied the cacert update ?

There is an update for your device, shown on that model's page, that is required but does not change the firmware version number.

Try that and report back.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2016, 09:52 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Have you made sure the critical March 22nd update was applied?

http://amzn.com/kindlesoftwareupdates/dx

Edit: ninjaed...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:17 PM   #4
skuski
skuski began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
OH!!! THANKS GUYS... THE CAUPDATE made it work! I had the 2.5.8 but didn't know about the caupdate.

For the benefit of anyone troubled by the same issue, in the Amazon page, under the critical 2.5.8 update there is another update called update-caupdate-09.bin. It can be downloaded manually and then the 3G works globally like charm.

Once I put in the caupdate-09.bin the device auto-registered me after reboot without me having to type anything and gave me all my archived books automatically over 3G as well.

Thanks especially knc1!!!

p.s. curiously my 411 page shows:
FRAS, FIRS, WEBSITE, TODO, CDE server is DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN
Certificate FOUND
Device Registered YES
skuski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:42 PM   #5
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Yeah, amazon changed its protocols on March 22, and lots of older devices were notified beforehand about *needing* an update, or they won't work at all.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2016, 06:38 AM   #6
Gooze
Gooze began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hello. I have a similar issue for a Kindle 2.

I updated to 2.5.8 via USB since I missed the deadline. Also installed the caupdate. Device will not connect to store and I can't register.

411 indicates missing certificate. The date is 1970... Amazon support didn't get me anywhere other than to suggest buying a refurb paperwhite

Any suggestions? This device is not rooted. Thanks in advance.
Gooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:20 AM   #7
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The date should not be 1970, but when hard rebooting a device the date can get randomly reset to the linux epoch (because Amazon cannot be bothered to figure out a hardware clock???).

You can fix the date as described here (using a searchbar command, which doesn't require jailbreaking): https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=273587

Last edited by eschwartz; 05-08-2016 at 01:23 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
certificate, dxg, jailbreak, register