Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #1
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Kindle Annotations vs Plugboard rename Title with series initials/numbering

I've been using a plugboard to rename books in a series with the initial of the series and the series number. It works beautifully, no problems there. I read the books on my Kindle 3. The plugboard is set to rename the "title" field.

I suddenly noticed that when I download the kindle annotations books renamed by the plugboard don't update. That is, I don't get any annotations for any book renamed by a plugboard.

Poking at things a bit, I see when I use Calibre to browse the contents of my Kindle it (Calibre) shows those books aren't in my library. It makes sense when I think about it (I've renamed the book after all).

But, I had kind of hoped/expected that I would be able to use the plugboards to give me series information AND have the benefit of annotations updates/Calibre recognizing the books as being in my library.

Is there some change I can make to allow both?
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
Gwen Morse
Addict
Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Gwen Morse never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle 3 (wifi) + nokia n900 tablet phone
Any chance of getting an answer on this?
Gwen Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2011, 12:58 PM   #3
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
I use a plugboard to rename books in series, and don't have a problem with the books being recognised by calibre as being on the device. Fetch annotations also works.

Not sure if it matters, but I have "Read metadata from files on device" checked for the kindle device plugin.

I guess you could try to rename the metadata.calibre file on the Kindle, then restart calibre. Calibre will recreate the metadata.calibre cache file(I think it takes a while if you have a lot of books in the kindle). Hopefully this will make you see your books correctly marked as on-device/in-library.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote