Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 01-22-2004, 03:15 AM   #1
JWE
Nameless Being

JPluck freezes . . . .

I am just starting to use JPluck 2.0.9. It works well for the most part, but when I have more than six sites, Jpluck freezes in between parsing the sixth site and writing it. Any ideas? I am running Windows 98. Thanks
Old 01-22-2004, 06:16 AM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Good question. I know that JPluck uses a fairly amount of memory. What are your hardware spects? Also, does JPluck freeze when you work with only six sites at a time (but several times in a row)?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2004, 11:54 AM   #3
JWE
Nameless Being

I think it is a memory problem. I checked it a couple of more times and it is more dependent on the amount of sites I am trying to convert rather than the number. I am running an older system with about 32 MB. Also, when I try to cancel the operation, the conversion program is still running in the background. I have to completely exit JPluck to kill it. Any ideas on how I can get around this? Maybe somehow decreasing the amount of memory JPluck uses?
Old 01-22-2004, 12:13 PM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I think there is no way around it. JPluck is known for being a memory hog (maybe because it is based on Java). I suggest that you give iSilo; its desktop counterpart, iSiloX, doesn't need much memory at all.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote