Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-15-2007, 10:11 AM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Eliot, Charles W. (editor): Harvard Classics 49: Epic & Saga. v1, 15 June 07

Epic and Saga

Beowulf

The Song of Roland

The Destruction of Da Derga’s Hostel

The Story of Sigurd the Volsung and the Fall of the Niblungs

#22 on our top 10 is Epic & Saga.

Have a great weekend. Catch you on the flip side.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Harvard Classics Volume XLIX - v2.lrf (707.1 KB, 2816 views)

Last edited by RWood; 06-15-2007 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added corrected version 2, deleted old version
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks!

One question - Bartleby lists the following for Vol 49...

XLIX. Epic & Saga: Beowulf, The Song of Roland, The Destruction of Dá Derga’s Hostel & The Story of the Volsungs and Niblungs

Is there a disconnect, or is your description just shorter? (I haven't been home to download this, but I guess it will be obvious what's in it then.)
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Russell View Post
Thanks!

One question - Bartleby lists the following for Vol 49...

XLIX. Epic & Saga: Beowulf, The Song of Roland, The Destruction of Dá Derga’s Hostel & The Story of the Volsungs and Niblungs

Is there a disconnect, or is your description just shorter? (I haven't been home to download this, but I guess it will be obvious what's in it then.)
Good catch. Bartleby's is correct.

I just checked the University of Toronto's copy and all that Bartleby listed is included. I used the Project Gutenberg version which, as I see now, is missing at least one-half of the book.

I will correct the volume and repost a corrected one later. Hopefully this weekend depending upon other outside factors.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #4
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
That's excellent! But a shame that Gutenberg was missing part of it.

No hurry, of course, even though we are all anxious for every new bit of the HC!

And certainly don't let it interfere with your weekend fun! First things first!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer

Lucky for all of us that I had the texts ready to go in so it was a quick turnaround once I got to it.

The book has more than doubled in length. To the ten people that downloaded the first version, please download the revised version since while your "lite" version may have less than 50% of the calories, this one tastes far better.

Since there were major parts missing from the first version I have removed it from the download. If it was just a formatting choice I may have left it. Again, thanks to "Eagle-Eye" Bob for spotting the problem.
Advert
Old 06-18-2007, 09:58 AM   #6
UncleDuke
books & doughnuts
UncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five wordsUncleDuke can name that ebook in five words

Device: sony reader, kindle2
great stuff, love it
UncleDuke is offline   Reply With Quote