Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
denysm
denysm doesn't litterdenysm doesn't litterdenysm doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Touch
calibre 0.9.0

Anyone know what's going on? At 7:28 this morning (PST), I received the following post in Google Reader from calibre tips and tricks. However, the link is dead, and there is no mention of 0.9.0 on the calibre web site. Perhaps this is a case of an announcement getting posted before it was meant to.

---------------------------------------------
calibre 0.9.0 is here!
from calibre tips and tricks by calibre

The long awaited calibre 0.9.0 is here! This is the link to the page documenting all the improvements since 0.8.0.

http://blog.calibre-ebook.com/2012/0...0-is-here.html

Some of the important improvements I will discuss here at length are:

Improved support for android phones and tablets
MTP support
Calibre Companion
Viewer
Display of mathematics in e-books
Page mode
Table of contents panel now tracks the current position in the books
Searching for accented characters
Wikipedia plugin
Features already discussed in previous blog posts

etc

--------------------------------------------------
denysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It does sound like a case of premature release, perhaps. If "MTP support" is what I think it is (handling devices which don't mount with a drive letter?) that's excellent news for owners of Android devices, where such mounting is now the norm.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Yep.. Premature release. Page is now gone.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, it was a premature announcement. And yes, 0.9.0 will have MTP support. In fact this weeks' calibre release will have beta MTP drivers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:33 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Excellent - looking forward to it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #6
Krittika Goyal
Vox calibre
Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krittika Goyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony reader prs700, kobo

I apologise for the premature post. It was there for merely a minute so I thought nobody noticed. I hit the publish button on blogger instead of preview by mistake. I am really sorry. The blog post will appear again when 0.9.0 is actually released.
Krittika Goyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:24 AM   #7
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Oops. We all know that new mamas are notoriously sleep-deprived.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #8
foosion
Connoisseur
foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.foosion is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Pixel 4a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krittika Goyal View Post

I apologise for the premature post. It was there for merely a minute so I thought nobody noticed. I hit the publish button on blogger instead of preview by mistake. I am really sorry. The blog post will appear again when 0.9.0 is actually released.
No need to apologize - I doubt anyone is offended.

The blog has an RSS feed which distributes the post as soon as it is posted, so even though it was only up for a minute, it went to those of us who subscribe to the feed and didn't go away when the post was deleted.

Looking forward to 0.90.
foosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:41 AM   #9
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by foosion View Post
No need to apologize - I doubt anyone is offended.
I'm extremely offended, in fact, I'm asking for my money back right now

@Mr & Mrs Goyal as always thanks for all your efforts
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #10
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krittika Goyal View Post

Krittika - love your avatar with the little one! So good to see a picture of the baby!
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by denysm View Post
Improved support for android phones and tablets
MTP support
This is really awesome news. very much to all the Calibre devs for making this possible!
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #12
SisterX
SisterX began at the beginning.

Device: Motorola Droid
Hey Koval & Krittika,
Just a heads up that the announcement is still showing for those of us subscribed to the Calibre Tips and Tricks RSS feed...
Otherwise, sounds like a fabulous update -- looking forward to it. Great work Kovad! That you again for what I consider an absolutely indispensable app!
SisterX
SisterX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:10 PM   #13
BeeTee-Ess
Addict
BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeeTee-Ess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4NT, KPW2, Voyage, iP4, iP6, iPad Mini, HP TouchPad, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterX View Post
Hey Koval & Krittika,
Just a heads up that the announcement is still showing for those of us subscribed to the Calibre Tips and Tricks RSS feed...
That's curious...

I am subscribed to the Calibre Tips and Tricks RSS feed, and I cannot find anything later than 18 December 2011.
BeeTee-Ess is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0.9.0, calibre, versions