Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 10-07-2017, 09:24 AM   #1
Mukesh Murmu
Mukesh Murmu began at the beginning.

Device: Android Device (Xiaomi Redmi Note 4)
Unhappy No Validated OPDS content Moon+ Reader error

Following the guidance in calibre2opds website, I created a Calibre library, stored it in Dropbox and hosted it using updog.co. Everything went on smoothly but I am not able to access OPDS catalog in Moon+ Reader. I am able to access the web catalog and also Aldiko is able to access my OPDS catalog. But Moon+Reader is only showing top level (Authors, Tags etc..) and when I click any one of them, it gives me "URL not found error". Any guidance would be helpful as Moon+ Reader is my go-to reader.
Mukesh Murmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:50 AM   #2
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
I have no solution but can confirm that I had similar issues with Moon+, Alreader, Coolreader going beyond the first level of the opds catalogue. I was able to find a dedicated opds reader for Android which worked but ended up using the html catalogue instead.

I liaised with the developer but he could offer no fix.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 02:49 AM   #3
Mukesh Murmu

Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
I have no solution but can confirm that I had similar issues with Moon+, Alreader, Coolreader going beyond the first level of the opds catalogue. I was able to find a dedicated opds reader for Android which worked but ended up using the html catalogue instead.

I liaised with the developer but he could offer no fix.
Thanks for the heads-up. Which reader are you using now.
Old 10-08-2017, 06:35 AM   #4
Madame Cholet
Madame Cholet began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Gt 5120
I wrote to the developer about this last week, but haven't recieved a reply. I just bookmarked the site in my browser and download from that, then I have to move everything into the moon reader folder.
Madame Cholet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:47 AM   #5
Mukesh Murmu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Cholet View Post
I wrote to the developer about this last week, but haven't recieved a reply. I just bookmarked the site in my browser and download from that, then I have to move everything into the moon reader folder.
I found a work around to the problem; instead of adding Opds catalog in Moon+ Reader(index.xml file) add web catalogue(index.html file). It's not the solution but atleast moon+ reader open the web catalog itself; it does not redirect me to the browser.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:04 AM   #6
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukesh Murmu View Post
Thanks for the heads-up. Which reader are you using now.
I ended up using Pocketbook and the html link. The html also works for Moon+.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 02:53 AM   #7
Madame Cholet

I have successfully downloaded from an opds catalogue from within Moon Reader this morning, so it is working again.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:39 AM   #8
Mukesh Murmu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Cholet View Post
I have successfully downloaded from an opds catalogue from within Moon Reader this morning, so it is working again.
Still not working for me. It's your lucky day.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #9
Madame Cholet

Not working again for me either, it did for a couple of days, I am a beta tester, so that that might make a difference. I hope it means the developer is working on it.
Old 10-15-2017, 10:07 PM   #10
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
OPDS is working in KOReader for the local calibre content server and such as Gutenberg.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 12:53 AM   #11
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I'm curious why this thread is in the calibre forums? Is there another forum where it should live?
it started off as being a possible Calibre2opds issue (as that is what was used to generate the catalog being accessed). It looks like it has since morphed into being an issue with the way Moon+ reader is handling the generated catalog.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote