Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #16
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
What is the name of the folder that we should look for to find all of our Kindle books on the PC?
It's the "documents" folder on your Kindle.

Last edited by daffy4u; 01-01-2011 at 10:08 PM. Reason: wrote "computer" instead of "Kindle"
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:06 PM   #17
MaxsMom
MaxsMom began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I just connected my Kindle to my computer and it pulled my Kindle up and I just deleted from the folder that was named documents.
MaxsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 10:28 AM   #18
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
Is it possible to allow indexing to occur (so that when you search in a book it allows you to search for words in it),

but when you are in the home screen and seeing the list of books, you only search for within the Book title and author name only? About 95% of searches I do in the home screen are for a particular book title or book author. It should be done like doing search in Calibre. Anyone knows if this is possible?

Last edited by jeromedevine; 03-08-2011 at 10:38 AM.
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 11:20 AM   #19
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
I _THINK_ the only limited search is when you are in one particular book. I don't think you can search selectively from the home screen (book list). It would be nice and maybe I'm wrong.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:30 PM   #20
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
They should make while typing a setting on the right with the following options:
1. Search Index (Searches only Book Titles and Authors' Names)
2. Search Catalog (Searches all books contents i.e. Titles, Authors Names and Entire text of books)
3. Search Book Contents (Search inside a single book's text)

And you select only what you want. I see that about 95% of my searches are to find a particular book which I remember the name, such as 'Moby' for 'Moby Dick'.
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert