Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2023, 11:01 AM   #61
InkPad
InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Inkpad 3 Color
Thanks a lot for your help! When trying to create the file, I got an error message saying that the file already exists even though I couldn't see it in the Finder. This is extremely odd, since I could see all other hidden and invisible files and folders. In the end, only Filezilla saw the hidden file and once I deleted it, it isn't visible in the app section anymore.

However, I noticed one more thing. As soon as KOReader is installed, I can't change the apps on the home screen of my InkPad any longer. Usually, long-pressing one of the app icons brings up a context menu that allows me to change the app but with KOReader installed, the context menu doesn't appear anymore.

Any suggestions how to resolve this?
InkPad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 11:07 AM   #62
InkPad
InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.InkPad can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Turns out that the whole context menu feature of the Inkpad is gone and doesn't work with books in the library or with apps in the apps section anymore once KOReader is installed.
Advert
Old 12-26-2023, 11:14 AM   #63
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by InkPad View Post
Turns out that the whole context menu feature of the Inkpad is gone and doesn't work with books in the library or with apps in the apps section anymore once KOReader is installed.
That is strange. Did you confirm the functionality returns after removing KOReader?
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 11:29 AM   #64
InkPad

Yes, I did, once I removed the app everything was back to normal.

I just played around with the plugins settings of KOReader a bit and disabled a few of them (including Background Runner), rebooted the device, enabled the plugins again, closed KOReader via task manager and the context menu functionality is back for now. I find this very strange as well and will monitor it further.

Thanks again for your help with the duplicate icon, wouldn't have figured this out myself :-)
Old 01-16-2024, 10:21 AM   #65
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Nice

I've been meaning to add the Koreader icon to my list of apps for a while now, so I tried your procedure. It is written briefly and accurately, the whole procedure did not take even a minute, everything works.

Tested on : PB Verse, PB Inkpad 4 /Firmware FW 6.8.2°°, no restart need.

PS ; Maybe a small remark:
Quote:
5.Add the following entry in one of the groups(I used the @General group)
"U_koreader"
Perhaps it would be good to emphasize after "U_koreader" that there must be a "," sign at the end. Some users sometimes just "copy / paste" the text.

Quote:
5.Add the following entry in one of the groups(I used the @General group)
"U_koreader",

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 01-16-2024 at 11:49 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2024, 11:10 AM   #66
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
PS ; Maybe a small remark:

Perhaps it would be good to emphasize after "U_koreader" that there must be a "," sign at the end..
Unless it's the last entry in that section, the last one before the closed square bracket. That one should NOT have a comma.

e.g. here "U_taranis" has no comma:
Code:
"groups": [
            {
                "title": "@General",
                "sort": "title",
                "apps": [
                    "PB_AudioBooks",
                    "PB_Browser",
                    "_PB_Bookstore",
                    "_PB_Empik",
                    "PB_Calendar",
                    "PB_Calc",
                    "PB_Dictionary",
                    "_PB_Digital_Frame",
                    "PB_Gallery",
                    "PB_Library",
                    "_PB_Notes",
                    "_PB_Onleihe",
                    "PB_Player",
                    "_PB_RSSNews",
		    "U_Koreader",
 		    "U_pi",
		    "U_notepad",
		    "U_GrabEpubs",
		    "U_taranis"
                ]
            },
FYI - Adding an underscore in front of the app entry hides the app from being displayed in the menu, as shown for "_PB_Bookstore",
You could just remove the entry completely to hide it, but it's easier to toggle on and off this way.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 01-16-2024 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-12-2024, 07:41 PM   #67
iupiter
iupiter began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color
tested it on Pocketbook inkpad color and works like a charm
iupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 07:43 PM   #68
iupiter

but it seems like custom icons are not compatible with displaying the icon in the status bar
https://github.com/jjrrw174/PocketBo...tions/issues/2
Old 02-13-2024, 12:48 AM   #69
neil_swann80

Quote:
Originally Posted by iupiter View Post
but it seems like custom icons are not compatible with displaying the icon in the status bar
https://github.com/jjrrw174/PocketBo...tions/issues/2
Interesting. As the ability to change the status bar toggle buttons is a new feature, I wonder if they've even been included with theming in mind? Theming itself seems to be backburnered.

If it is possible I imagine there's a separate file location for those icons which we'll need to locate.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:01 PM   #70
iupiter

I tried to implement the logo in a style similar to pocketbook (not yet converted to .bmp)
maybe the lines are to thin
Attached Images

Last edited by iupiter; 02-14-2024 at 10:26 AM.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:28 PM   #71
neil_swann80

Quote:
Originally Posted by iupiter View Post
I tried to implement the logo in a stile similar to pocketbook (not yet converted to .bmp)
maybe the lines are to thin
Nice. Really clean looking. Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-14-2024, 10:26 AM   #72
iupiter

I don't now why, but the .bmp files I created are just not show up.

Can Pocketbook handle transparent files?
Attached Files
File Type: zip KOReader_PB-style.zip (8.5 KB, 43 views)
Old 02-14-2024, 10:53 AM   #73
EastEriq
Groupie
EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!EastEriq rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Cybook Orizon, PocketBook Touch HD
It may be that only 8bit (uncompressed) work. Yours are 32bit.
EastEriq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 11:18 AM   #74
iupiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastEriq View Post
It may be that only 8bit (uncompressed) work. Yours are 32bit.
Thanks, that makes sense, will test it
Old 02-14-2024, 01:05 PM   #75
iupiter

these are the final .bmp files, I used 120x120 as it looked best on my Inkpad Color and made the lines thicker
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip KOReader_PB-style.zip (32.7 KB, 50 views)