Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2020, 11:26 PM   #121
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Well, that makes perfect sense - even to a non-programmer. Unfortunately, the code you provided is not working either. (Win10) I can drag/drop to kepubify.exe but the following error appears with the .bat file:

'kepubify.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.'

C:\(my path)
Press any key to continue... (which = exit)
Are the batch file and kepubify.exe in the same directory? The %~dp0 translates to the drive letter and path of the batch file so kepubify.exe will need to in a directory listed in your system or personal path variables or in the same directory as the batch file.
Contents of the "mkkepub.cmd" file:

Code:
cd %~dp0
kepubify.exe --inplace --calibre --output . %1
pause
Output from dropping an epub file on it:

Code:
C:\Users\David\Desktop>cd C:\Users\David\Desktop\kepubify\

C:\Users\David\Desktop\kepubify>kepubify.exe --inplace --calibre --output . "C:\Users\David\Desktop\The Ten Immutable Laws of Security.epub"
Kepubify v3.1.3
Using extension .kepub for Calibre compatibility (this is meant for use with a Calibre library and will not work directly on a Kobo reader)

[  1/  1] Converting C:\Users\David\Desktop\The Ten Immutable Laws of Security.epub

1 total: 1 converted, 0 copied, 0 skipped, 0 errored

C:\Users\David\Desktop\kepubify>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

If you don't want to see most of the output, add @echo off as the first line in the batch file.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:50 PM   #122
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
@DNSB-

I just edited my last post. Yes, all required files are in the same directory but after rechecking I discovered one small typo. Drag and drop => bat file now works with a slight difference from your code: "cd /d %~dp0" (/d apparently not required). It's good to know about @echo.

Thank you very much for your assistance,

Patricia
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2020, 07:37 PM   #123
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I've released a new mod which may be of interest to users of seriesmeta: NickelSeries.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 01:42 PM   #124
avresbo
Enthusiast
avresbo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD / Kobo Libra H2O
A question, probably stupid, what the option --css does exactly? how it works?
Thank you

Last edited by avresbo; 07-21-2020 at 01:50 PM.
avresbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 09:35 PM   #125
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by avresbo View Post
A question, probably stupid, what the option --css does exactly? how it works?
Thank you
> Custom CSS to add to ebook

Looks like it allows you to specify arbitrary CSS to affect the book formatting if it doesn't already have its own CSS...
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2020, 09:11 PM   #126
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
> Custom CSS to add to ebook

Looks like it allows you to specify arbitrary CSS to affect the book formatting if it doesn't already have its own CSS...
--css means to add custom CSS to the eBook. It does not mean to replace the existing CSS.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 10:59 PM   #127
BoldAndBusted
BoldAndBusted began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Howdy. Thank you for kepubify! I'm a new Kobo Forma owner. Just found out how I can 'fix' the missing monospaced font issue I was having with epubs (the "Courier<filename>.ttf in the Kobo /fonts directory" fix). This fixed all the problems I had with code snippets in my technical books.

I was excited to convert my epubs to kepubs, and kepubify utility works fine, but now the code snippets in the generated keypubs lost their monospced formatting (though some gained code-footnotes!). Is there some way to preserve the monospaced fonts? A command argument I missed? Cheers!
BoldAndBusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 01:24 AM   #128
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldAndBusted View Post
I was excited to convert my epubs to kepubs, and kepubify utility works fine, but now the code snippets in the generated keypubs lost their monospced formatting (though some gained code-footnotes!). Is there some way to preserve the monospaced fonts? A command argument I missed? Cheers!
That shouldn't be happening for properly formatted books, as the span adding skips pre and code tags. I haven't had issues with any of my books.

To figure out the issue, I'd need to see a sample of the problematic HTML file. Feel free to post a portion of it here or send me the EPUB so I can take a look.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:41 AM   #129
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
That shouldn't be happening for properly formatted books, as the span adding skips pre and code tags. I haven't had issues with any of my books.

To figure out the issue, I'd need to see a sample of the problematic HTML file. Feel free to post a portion of it here or send me the EPUB so I can take a look.
The info in this old post of mine may be helpful.

If you find some new innovative way to tackle the kepub monospace issue I'll be interested to hear about it.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:47 AM   #130
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
The info in this old post of mine may be helpful.

If you find some new innovative way to tackle the kepub monospace issue I'll be interested to hear about it.
One thing I would suggest is read ePub if the ePub contains monospace in the CSS.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-27-2020 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:45 AM   #131
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
One thing I would suggest is read ePub if the ePub contains monospace in he CSS.
It's a POV but that would be avoiding the issue rather than finding a solution, wouldn't it?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 02:42 PM   #132
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It's a POV but that would be avoiding the issue rather than finding a solution, wouldn't it?
The ePub solution can be used until a KePub solution is found.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-27-2020 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-03-2020, 02:51 AM   #133
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
I've unsuccessfully tried to find out what seriesmeta and covergen do if the epub is protected by Adobe DRM. Is the metadata protected by the DRM too? Or will seriesmeta and covergen "fix" the metadata even for DRM protected epubs?
rantanplan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:26 PM   #134
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Can kepubify be made as an app for Android?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 01:28 PM   #135
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Can kepubify be made as an app for Android?
You can use the ARM binaries in Termux (you'll need to run termux-setup-storage to get access to your files).

Tags
conversion, epub, kepub, kepubify