Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #1
Honza z Krumlova
Honza z Krumlova began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Is it possible to change screensaver with Firmware ver. 5.10.3 ?

Hi,
please, is it possible to change the screensavers on my kindle paperwhite 3 with firmware version 5.10.3?

Thanks
Honza z Krumlova

Last edited by Honza z Krumlova; 04-18-2019 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Bad tittle
Honza z Krumlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 05:06 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Only if it's already been jailbroken. If not, then nope, you can't. Well, at least not easily (need to do a hardware jailbreak).

Also, do note that the Screensaver add-on doesn't get rid of Special Offers (afaik).
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2019, 04:44 PM   #3
Honza z Krumlova

I am sorry for my English.

A worker on Amazon turned off Special offers, so I do not have Special offers.

I read this article about jailbreak. But jailbreak works on firmware version 5.6.5, but my version is 5.10.3. Is there any option for my PW3?

Thank for your answer.

Serial number: G090 G105 xxxx xxxx
Old 04-19-2019, 05:33 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Hardware jailbreak only (need to physically operate on the Kindle).

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 03:41 AM   #5
Honza z Krumlova

It's hard. I give up.

Thanks for your answer.
Advert
Old 05-01-2019, 04:15 PM   #6
macsek
eReader fan
macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.macsek knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Currently using Kindle PaperWhite 4 /32. Also have a Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza z Krumlova View Post
jailbreak works on firmware version 5.6.5, but my version is 5.10.3. Is there any option for my PW3?
You can also create a directory blocking FW updates and wait, checking the forum time to time to see if it is already possible.
macsek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pw3 jailbreak, screensaver