Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-07-2023, 09:57 AM   #76
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
It sounds like they left some debugging statement in their keyboard code that writes to standard output. Until they fix that, it looks like some kind of workaround will be required. Thanks for pointing this out and sharing your solution.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2024, 05:28 AM   #77
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
It sounds like they left some debugging statement in their keyboard code that writes to standard output. Until they fix that, it looks like some kind of workaround will be required. Thanks for pointing this out and sharing your solution.
Do you think there's a way of clearing stdout between calling the keyboard function (which I assume generates the debugging statement) and writing what is captured by it?
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2024, 10:04 AM   #78
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can try closing descriptor '1' after the call to dup(), to see if that stops the pocketbook keyboard code from writing to standard output. You might also try adding "fflush(stdout);" to the beginning of the char_handler() function in case the keyboard code is writing to the stdout file stream. I'm not sure if either will work, but you might get lucky.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:06 PM   #79
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You can try closing descriptor '1' after the call to dup(), to see if that stops the pocketbook keyboard code from writing to standard output. You might also try adding "fflush(stdout);" to the beginning of the char_handler() function in case the keyboard code is writing to the stdout file stream. I'm not sure if either will work, but you might get lucky.
You legend!

Adding "fflush(stdout);" actually increased the amount of unneeded text, but closing descriptor '1' did it!

Old 03-17-2024, 12:39 PM   #80
rkomar
Wizard

Nice! I should probably add that to the official version. The problem is I don't remember exactly why I needed to call dup() in the first place (something to do with the version built to run on the emulator). I suspect it would bust that again, so maybe I can #ifdef it to work with either situation.
Advert
Old 03-17-2024, 12:47 PM   #81
rkomar
Wizard

By the way, did you (@neil_swann80) create cmake files to build sh_ivtool? If so, I can add them to the official source package if you don't mind donating them. It would make it easier for others to build their own versions.
Old 03-17-2024, 12:56 PM   #82
neil_swann80

Now to busy myself removing my clumsy workarounds from the many scripts that use sh_ivtool!

Quote:
By the way, did you (@neil_swann80) create cmake files to build sh_ivtool? If so, I can add them to the official source package if you don't mind donating them. It would make it easier for others to build their own versions.
Yeah, sure. I've attached my modified main.c and CMakeLists.txt file needed to build.
Let me know if you're happy for me to upload the compiled binary in the interim before you update the official.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sh_ivtool_source.zip (3.2 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by neil_swann80; 03-17-2024 at 01:11 PM.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:27 PM   #83
rkomar
Wizard

I like to keep the sources buildable on all of the supported platforms, so I don't want to just delete the functionality that disappeared in newer firmwares. It will take some time to figure out how to do that. In the meantime, you can attach your version in a message. There isn't a lot of traffic here, so it should be visible to anyone who comes in the near future.
Old 03-17-2024, 01:47 PM   #84
neil_swann80

My CMakeLists.txt will still work with your original source. I guess it would need to reference an older SDK (and inkview.h) that still contains the functions now missing in the newer firmware.

I've attached my compiled version of sh_ivtool which should work on fw6+ and no longer has the output bug.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sh_ivtool.zip (9.6 KB, 15 views)

Last edited by neil_swann80; 03-17-2024 at 01:49 PM.