Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 05:03 AM   #1
soparch
Enthusiast
soparch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Images at back of Mobi file

Can somebody please help me? I have created a mobi book from html using Mobipocket Creator and have attached a css sylesheet and toc.ncx file successfully but when I view the book. Every image that I have placed in the book is duplicated on separate pages at the back of the book. What have I done wrong? I know its probably something incredibly simple but I can't figure it out - please help.
soparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:49 AM   #2
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
I seem to remember reading somewhere (possibly in these forums) that when you add files in Mobipocket Creator, you shouldn't add the image files that are referred to in the HTML code - as long as the IMG tags are pointing to the correct location for the images, Mobipocket Creator will find them when it builds the MOBI file. It's adding the image files individually as "Content" files that results in them being duplicated at the end of the book, I think. If you've been adding them, try it again but without adding them, and see if that solves the problem, soparch.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's correct; duplicate images mean that you've added the images to the manifest (the list of files making up the book). Images are located via their URLs; they shouldn't be in the manifest.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #4
soparch
Enthusiast
soparch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you both so much, this advice has solved my problem.
soparch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Excellent news! Thanks for letting us know.
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-05-2011, 08:13 PM   #6
karlbx
karlbx began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I am getting duplicate images/pages when I upload PDFs (picture book) to Mobi and "build." I'm not using HTML. I've downloaded the latest Mobi. Please help
karlbx is offline   Reply With Quote