Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 02:10 PM   #46
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
This has been a surprisingly interesting thread to read.
curiouser and curiouser...........
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #47
devilsadvocate
Complicated Warlock
devilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role model

Device: HP Mini 1101, Droid X rooted, GTab rooted/VEGAnTAB Ginger Edition/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
HarryT was right when he said that it is perverse to offer money to hit someone in the belly.

I never disagreed with this. I do think that everyone would be willing to let this happen for a price. You can say never, but a billion dollars in cash before you all legal and crap would be a hell of a motivator. And if not a billion then how about a trillion? There is always a price.

This is a reason why in most places it is illegal for people to sell their bodies for organs or for sex even if both parties are willing. Exploitation of any person regardless of social class and poverty level is wrong in all forms, willing participants or not.

But that doesnt mean we all dont have a price. A billion dollars for the next 20 generations of my family to live the rich life...sure I would give a kidney.
When I was a teenager I was hanging out at a pizza place a friend of mine was managing. The typical what-would-you-do-for-a-billion-dollars discussion came up, and the price was for having sex with someone of the same gender (keep in mind, these are teenage/early 20s guys doing the talking). Naturally everyone said "Nope, not for a billion" except one, who said "I dunno, a billion dollars buys a lot of soap."

Friday night at a pizza place, and you could have heard a pin drop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I'd be willing to say that if someone didn't do it for a billion then they aren't going to do it for a trillion either.

Me, I'd take one for a $500. That a car payment and one heck of night out for me and my wife!!
I have what I call the billion-dollar briefcase principle. Many people (and I have to say I'm impressed with the honesty I've seen in this thread so far) grouse about ethics and say they wouldn't do something for a billion. They've never seen the money, and likely never will, so it's all academic; you might as well discuss what you would do if trapped on Mars. Hence, whenever the "Big Bill" question comes up, my answer is always the same regardless the task being requested*:

Show Me The Money.

*This means me specifically...none of that Indecent Proposal stuff.
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #48
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
would you take a check?
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #49
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
would you take a check?
He wants to know if it's coming from a chinese bank? (He'd answer himself, but his computer is in pieces on the dining room table at the moment.)
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #50
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
For a billion dollars, you could cut off my legs, an arm, and an eye. Then I could spend $6 million to rebuild me better than before, and I would still have nearly a billion to spend. And speedy slo-mo running legs.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2011, 09:31 PM   #51
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
For a billion dollars, you could cut off my legs, an arm, and an eye. Then I could spend $6 million to rebuild me better than before, and I would still have nearly a billion to spend. And speedy slo-mo running legs.

bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 12:00 AM   #52
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
@happy_terd
on the kidney I disagree
  1. I could later be in need of it myself, or
  2. someone of my own family and I'd have no "spare" to donate then
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:07 AM   #53
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
curiouser and curiouser...........

Man at bar to extremely beautiful woman.

MAB: I have been watching you all evening. You are the most fascinating, beautiful woman I have ever seen. Would you go to bed with me for a million dollars?

BW: Seeing as I'm dead broke; sure ofcourse I would.

MAB: Would you go to bed with me for $20.00?

BW: No!! What do you think I am, a hooker?

MAB: We have already established that..now we're talking price.

nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:23 AM   #54
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #55
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Thanks for the clip, Betty!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #56
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
@happy_terd
on the kidney I disagree
  1. I could later be in need of it myself, or
  2. someone of my own family and I'd have no "spare" to donate then
You cant disagree with that....its my kidney. lol
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #57
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Thanks for the clip, Betty!
I knew exactly what you were talking about! Loved the slo-mo running!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 AM   #58
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I knew exactly what you were talking about! Loved the slo-mo running!
And the cool action sound it makes when ever he does something bionic, don't forget that!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:42 PM   #59
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
happy_terd, how much to get in the ring with Mike Tyson for one round?

Just sayin
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #60
devilsadvocate
Complicated Warlock
devilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role modeldevilsadvocate is a good role model

Device: HP Mini 1101, Droid X rooted, GTab rooted/VEGAnTAB Ginger Edition/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
happy_terd, how much to get in the ring with Mike Tyson for one round?

Just sayin
Does H_T get to keep both his ears? Just curious
devilsadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote