Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-16-2023, 03:18 PM   #1
marinheiro
Enthusiast
marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Pocketbook, Kobo Aura, Kobo Elipsa
No eggtimer after replacing screen

I broke the screen on my Pocketbook HD Touch (632), and replaced it with a new one. I then did a sync and it updated the firmware to U632.6.7.1706.

Everything works perfectly, much to my surprise, with just one exception. When I turn it on, instead of showing the eggtimer, it shows a blank screen alternating with a screen with the word 'Pocketbook' 6 times. Its a trivial problem really and doesn't affect anything else, but it would be nice to fix it (if only to stop my grandson saying "see - you should have bought a Kindle").

Anyone have any ideas? I'm guessing it is just a an image file gone missing, but have no experience with the software side of this device.

Thanks
Graham
marinheiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 05:16 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Have you tried:
Settings-Personalize-Boot Logo
Here I would recommend: Current Page

If this isn't helping then it might be a problem with the new firmware. You can downgrade by placing the swupdate.bin into the root of the device, switch it off and do a force update while starting the device via with L&R&ON pressed.

Where did you even get a a new screen for the Pocketbook Touch HD3?

Last edited by nhedgehog; 09-17-2023 at 05:28 AM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2023, 06:32 PM   #3
marinheiro
Enthusiast
marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.marinheiro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Have you tried:
Settings-Personalize-Boot Logo
Here I would recommend: Current Page
That worked - thanks!

Quote:
Where did you even get a a new screen for the Pocketbook Touch HD3?
I broke it when the device was quite new and you couldn't find the screens anywhere. I tried getting it to the PB repair centre in Poland and it just got returned to me by customs (Brexit :-( Then a couple of months ago I looked on Alibaba and found they were selling the screens there. It's a very thoroughly sealed device, I was lucky to get it apart without breaking anything.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:44 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Congrats on the successful repair. I know what you are talking about, have one pried open to get an impression about the ability to repair it. It looked quite unnecessary difficult.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 05:32 PM   #5
marinheiro
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Congrats on the successful repair. I know what you are talking about, have one pried open to get an impression about the ability to repair it. It looked quite unnecessary difficult.
I used this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gIRmj7PaUA

You need some of the info in the comments below the video, so I needed to use 'translate' to get them from Russian into English.

The hardest bit was removing the gunk left behind by the large amount of black sticky tape, took loads of isopropyl alcohol. No technical problems, though.