Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-14-2018, 06:16 PM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I would imagine Amazon would have quite a number of third-party cases to choose from.

Type in "Voyage cases sleeves" without the quotes and let us know what turns up.
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:16 PM   #17
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
this is what i have for my previous voyage:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
it's no longer in production and i traded in my voyage for the new oasis.
but i still have the case. interested? pm me.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2018, 09:25 AM   #18
timepiece
timepiece began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I would imagine Amazon would have quite a number of third-party cases to choose from.

Type in "Voyage cases sleeves" without the quotes and let us know what turns up.
????

Really? You don't think I've tried this (and I definitely do NOT want a sleeve). I've searched for bump cases, grip cases, cases -magnet -smart -folio -origami, every variation you can think of. On Google, on eBay, on Amazon. I am a librarian, I know how to construct an effective search.

My problem, as stated, is that I can only find one coverless case that is still in production, and I don't really like the look of that one. Almost all searches "helpfully" expand the search to Paperwhite cases, which do not help me at all and make the search results harder to sort through. And yet, I do not want to exclude Paperwhite from the search because often a listing is for both styles.

I would appreciate specific examples and recommendations, not instructions on how to search.

I am not worried about protecting the screen because I have a separate screen protector for that. It's exactly the same principle as the case for my phone. I don't know anyone who has a case for their phone with a cover flap.
timepiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:41 AM   #19
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
I can see you are frustrated. It appears though that there are simply not any products that perfectly match your requirements. You could try purchasing a regular case with a front flap (perhaps even find a second hand one somewhere) that appeals to you, and then cut the front flap off. I know it not ideal, but it might be your best bet.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:33 AM   #20
timepiece
timepiece began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
I can see you are frustrated. It appears though that there are simply not any products that perfectly match your requirements. You could try purchasing a regular case with a front flap (perhaps even find a second hand one somewhere) that appeals to you, and then cut the front flap off. I know it not ideal, but it might be your best bet.
Yes, indeed, that is why I specifically asked,

Quote:
Does anyone here know of a coverless case for the Voyage? Or a case where the cover can be carefully cut off without exposing multiple layers that will then disintegrate?
I certainly thought I was asking for specific product recommendations. I don't know how else I could have phrased it.
timepiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
this is what i have for my previous voyage:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
it's no longer in production and i traded in my voyage for the new oasis.
but i still have the case. interested? pm me.
It's not in production because it didn't sell well. The purpose of a cover is to cover the Voyage fully so the screen is also protected. People who buy a cover was a real full cover. Also, with a good cover that folds back, it makes the Reader easier to hold.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #22
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by timepiece View Post
I am not worried about protecting the screen because I have a separate screen protector for that. It's exactly the same principle as the case for my phone. I don't know anyone who has a case for their phone with a cover flap.
A screen on a cell phone is stronger than an eInk screen. The glass part of the screen is more fragile and when that breaks, the screen is shot. A screen protector like you use on a cell phone is only good against scratches. It's of no use to protect against stress, bends, drops, etc. that may break the glass part of the eInk screen.

So please don't say you have a screen protector because you really don't.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:13 PM   #23
jkingrph
jkingrph began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire
I just looked at the Poetic Orgami case on my Voyage. It would be so simple just to cut the flap off and that would leave a very thin case, one side slightly exposed though. In reality the flap is so thin, less than 1/16" that it hardly contributes any thickness.
jkingrph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:23 PM   #24
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by timepiece View Post
????

Really? You don't think I've tried this
(and I definitely do NOT want a sleeve). I've searched for bump cases, grip cases, cases -magnet -smart -folio -origami, every variation you can think of. On Google, on eBay, on Amazon. I am a librarian, I know how to construct an effective search.

My problem, as stated, is that I can only find one coverless case that is still in production, and I don't really like the look of that one. Almost all searches "helpfully" expand the search to Paperwhite cases, which do not help me at all and make the search results harder to sort through. And yet, I do not want to exclude Paperwhite from the search because often a listing is for both styles.

I would appreciate specific examples and recommendations, not instructions on how to search.

People are trying to help, you know. I realize you feel frustrated but there's really no need to get snippy.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 01:10 PM   #25
janrey
Groupie
janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.janrey can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle3, Voyage
Here is another one in colors https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Poetic-G...75.c100623.m-1

and they are on Amazon as well https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Voyage.../dp/B00NQI9HFC
janrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:37 PM   #26
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I have the item in post #17, and I like it, though I don't use it often. I also have the poetic graph grip cases and love them. (Not sure if I have one for the Voyage)
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 02:02 PM   #27
Richwood
Astronomy Nut
Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle (All), Kobo (Multiple), Sony (most) and Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamelala View Post
Interesting but without a cover it is not for placing the Kindle in a purse or other carrier as it provides zero screen protection.
Richwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 04:59 PM   #28
Pamelala
Pamelala began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad Pro, Kindle Oasis 2
I had it with a screen protector. All good. And when it needed more protection I also had a sleeve.
Pamelala is offline   Reply With Quote