Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Use Dropbox for Calibre Library

Thanks to Mobileread, I have reached my referral limit on Dropbox. So now that I cannot benefit from praising Dropbox, I want everyone to look for a Mobileread signature with a Dropbox link, and sign up! I have 6000 books, and it only takes about 10 GB. The best thing is I have downloaded dropbox on my kindle fire, and so I can download books anytime, even without my computer, I just need internet connectivity. I just put my Calibre library in my dropbox folder, and it is backed up automatically. Just don't have Calibre running on two computers at once. The metadata file which allows Calibre to find your ebooks

Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #2
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
If you need (or want!) more space than Dropbox gives you, consider copy.com (my referral link, gets us both an extra 5GB if you sign up) instead. 15GB free for each person, 5GB for each referral (both you and the person you refer get 5GB each), and none of these silly referral limits. I have 105GB through them free for life right now

Not sure what Dropbox's limit is, but I have right now 10GB with Dropbox and only half of that is free for life. The rest is from limited promotions and things that should start expiring in the next year or so.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoguen View Post
Not sure what Dropbox's limit is, but I have right now 10GB with Dropbox and only half of that is free for life. The rest is from limited promotions and things that should start expiring in the next year or so.
I have 21.75 GB via Dropbox for the life of Dropbox. This is currently my free maximum. I agree that copy.com is a viable option if you need more space and posted the results of my 40 day test of copy in this post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:47 AM   #4
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Thanks to Mobileread, I have reached my referral limit on Dropbox.
Nice one, there seems to be so many people with referral links in their signatures (I have one too ), I wondered if anyone was left to use them! I can't remember who first pointed me in the direction of using Dropbox for my Calibre library, but it's definitely a winning combination. Cheers for the copy.com comments link too, might be tempted to try that for cloud storage of other things, or if my Calibre library gets too big for Dropbox!
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:58 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
Cheers for the copy.com comments link too, might be tempted to try that for cloud storage of other things, or if my Calibre library gets too big for Dropbox!
If you start copy.com now you get a 5GB bonus for each referral. They say the 5GB bonus is for a limited time, but they give no clue how long the bonus will remain at 5GB.
Advert
Old 06-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've got 50GB via Mediafire and 50GB via Box.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've got 50GB via Mediafire and 50GB via Box.
I missed the Box 50GB special, but the University I work for is working with Box on an enterprise cloud storage solution. It'll be interesting to see how it works and what amount of space will be allocated to each user.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:16 AM   #8
IcecreamLtDan
Groupie
IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IcecreamLtDan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite, Kobo wireless, Kobo Glo
I got lucky enough to get in on the box 50Gb special and was excited to find that the University I went to, DeVry online, had a competition going that added space to my dropbox account too. I would suggest anyone who has these accounts and attends college to check with their university as it seems that it's a common thing.
IcecreamLtDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #9
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
If you start copy.com now you get a 5GB bonus for each referral. They say the 5GB bonus is for a limited time, but they give no clue how long the bonus will remain at 5GB.
Wow! 5GB bonus is really cool
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #10
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I had about 12gb free already on dropbox have rcvd another 50gb for 2 years yesterday when I logged in to it for the first time from my new samsung phone. I have never used more than 2 gb as I dont keep much on it except my library.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote