Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #256
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Winter's Heat [Kindle Edition]
Denise Domning (Author)

Formally published by Topaz in 1994.

http://www.amazon.com/Winters-Heat-e...154606011_f_87

Quote:
WINTER'S HEAT, 1994 winner of Romantic Time's "Best First Historical" by best-selling author Denise Domning

PRAISE FOR WINTER'S HEAT

"Splendid...A superstar in the making" ---Romantic Times

"Riveting...full of sizzling passion, tension and intrigue...you should not miss this one!"
--- Penelope Williamson

"Enchanting...Vivid...Exciting!"---Susan Wiggs

OVERVIEW OF WINTER'S HEAT
A powerful baron forced to marry for want of an heir. A woman's expectation to rule an abbey torn from her. Now, a tide of treachery rises around them and their only hope is to trust, to cherish and to love unconditionally.

More Praise for Winter's Heat

Five out of Five Stars
"To say that Ms. Domning is ... a gifted writer is an understatement of the gravest sort. That compliment does not do her justice. I love this series and am now reading them for the second time."---a reader

"I have read the entire book in almost one sitting. This is the first time in 10 years I have been this entranced by a novel."---C L Hastings "bookwriter"

This book is only for readers who love their history accurate, their knights Medieval and their women strong.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #257
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Kindle Freebie

Devil's Kiss (Hellraisers #1) - Zoe Archer [Zebra 2011]

Quote:
James Sherbourne, Earl of Whitney, is a gambling man. Not for the money. But for the thrill, the danger - and the company: Whit has become one of the infamous Hellraisers, losing himself in the chase for adventure and pleasure with his four closest friends. Which was how Whit found himself in a gypsy encampment, betting against a lovely Romani girl. Zora Grey's smoky voice and sharp tongue entrance Whit nearly as much as her clever hands - watching them handle cards inspires thoughts of another kind. Zora can't explain her attraction to the careless blue-eyed Whit. She also can't stop him and his Hellraisers from a fiendish curse: the power to grant their own hearts' desires, to chase their pleasures from the merely debauched to the truly diabolical. And if Zora can't save Whit, she still has to escape him.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2013, 11:12 AM   #258
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
New batch from Wild Rose Press:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?url=search-...e%22&price=0-0
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:37 AM   #259
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Free @ Amazon

Rescued By The Rancher by Soraya Lane
Note: Harlequin Author. She really needs to stop using caps in her titles.
Agreed, the other thing that bugs me is duplicate covers [ie 2 completely different books with the same cover], a huge pet peeve of mine.
An example, the first book had the original cover:
http://www.amazon.com/Wallbanger-ebo...rds=wallbanger
Then this freebie uses it too:
http://www.amazon.com/Where-Would-Wi...ital-text_f_38
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #260
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Free @ Amazon

Five Kids, One Christmas by Terese Ramin
(The Brannigan Sisters)

Nothing But Trouble
by Lisa Mondello
(A Contemporary Western Romance Novel)

Heartfire
by Karen Rose Smith
(Search For Love)

CHARITY'S GOLD RUSH by Cynthia Hickey
(A Strike It Rich in Montana novel)
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #261
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Kindle Romance Deal of the Day! $0.99

The Privateer by Dawn Mactavish
(Regency)

Quote:
Lark at first hoped it was a simple nightmare: If she closed her eyes, she would be back in the mahogany bed of her spacious boudoir at Eddington Hall, and all would be well. Her father, the earl of Roxburgh, would not be dead by his own hand, and she would not be in Marshalsea Debtor's Prison.

Such was not to be. Ere the Marshalsea could do its worst, the earl of Grayshire intervened. Lark shivered, considering the mysterious stone-faced noble. He'd paid her bond while the rest of London turned an eye as blind as the one beneath his eye patch. But while his touch was electric and his gaze piercing, for what purpose had he bought her freedom? It was a plan including Cornwall, return to the world of the haute ton, and embroilment in a struggle against both England's own Admiralty and the French. But even more perilous, the ex-sea captain might plunder her heart. No, this was not a dream. As Lark would soon learn, her dreams had never ended so well.
Note: I own this and the rest of her books. Great deal! I paid full price.
This was a freebie back in 2011 though.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-19-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #262
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Agreed, the other thing that bugs me is duplicate covers [ie 2 completely different books with the same cover], a huge pet peeve of mine.
That's due to them being royalty free images. People can use the same image over and over like that cowboy that's on like 20 different ebooks. It does get old.

Harlequin has been known to reuse the same pic on their covers at times too.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #263
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I suspect S&S would be quite upset, if they knew (unless the author somehow retained rights to the cover, which is very unlikely).
Old 03-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #264
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Devil's Kiss, by Zoe Archer, is free in the Kindle store and from Barnes & Noble and Sony, courtesy of publisher Zebra Books (Kensington).

Quote:
A Handsome Devil

1762. James Sherbourne, Earl of Whitney, is a gambling man. Not for the money. But for the thrill, the danger--and the company: Whit has become one of the infamous Hellraisers, losing himself in the chase for adventure and pleasure with his four closest friends.

Which was how Whit found himself in a gypsy encampment, betting against a lovely Romani girl. Zora Grey's smoky voice and sharp tongue entrance Whit nearly as much as her clever hands--watching them handle cards inspires thoughts of another kind...

Zora can't explain her attraction to the careless blue-eyed Whit. She also can't stop him and his Hellraisers from a fiendish curse: the power to grant their own hearts' desires, to chase their pleasures from the merely debauched to the truly diabolical. And if Zora can't save Whit, she still has to escape him. . .
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005G023MW/
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/devi...=9781420125320
https://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/zo...00000000529972

Last edited by koland; 03-19-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #265
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Repeat freebie from Oct 2012

Carved In Stone (Contemporary Romance and Humor) (Art of Love Series) [Kindle Edition]
Donna McDonald (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Carved-Contemp...154606011_f_24

Quote:
Even though his sons tease him about not dating, and his ex-wife thinks he is still hung up on her, 53 yr old retired principal and stone sculptor, William Everett Larson, is glad he waited to date until he found 47 yr old high school art teacher, Jessica Anderson. He admires Jessica for her courageous art and for how she has dealt with her life. As far as Will can tell, the only part of Jessica damaged by her past is her heart. Jessica assures Will she is incapable of lasting love, but Will refuses to believe it’s true. When she offers him temporary sexual fidelity, Will decides to take what he can get until he can find a way to convince Jessica she is still capable of love.

Carved in Stone, the first installment in Donna McDonald’s Art of Love series, is a refreshing and unapologetic look at love after fifty. To find myself so deeply invested in the characters as I was, truly made this book that much better for me. I highly recommend Carved in Stone by Donna McDonald as a romance novel for the “rest of us”. Her writing proves that there’s deeply sexual and passionate love to be had after fifty if you stay true to who you are, and I look forward to the next installment in the series. ~ Leanna, TwoLipsReviews.com
Old 03-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #266
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
That's due to them being royalty free images. People can use the same image over and over like that cowboy that's on like 20 different ebooks. It does get old.

Harlequin has been known to reuse the same pic on their covers at times too.
Blossom, koland, I understand the logistics of it, but it doesn't make any sense to me. Why wouldn't you want your book to have an original cover, make it stand out? As much as I know I shouldn't, I do go by covers at times. And because I check on deals frequently, it drives me nuts! bleh, bigger problems than this, just a big pet peeve of mine!

Not sure if this is a one day deal or not, but I highly recommend this book, it was one of my absolute favorite books that I read last year.

$.99 The Edge of Never by J.A. Redmerski
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BL3P5E6?tag=kiq-pw-e-20

Edited to add, same price at kobobooks too
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/The-E...Bzk8Ib5ERQ&r=1

Last edited by Blue2u; 03-19-2013 at 12:13 PM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #267
bookratt
Wizard

Leashed (Going to the Dogs) [Kindle Edition]
Zoe Dawson (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/Leashed-Going-...154606011_f_53

Quote:
First book in the Going to the Dogs series and is a novella at 26,000 words.

Fresh, fun, sexy, if you love dogs you must get this book!--NYT bestselling author, Lori Wilde

Jack has some ‘splainin’ to do!

That's right! Callie Lassiter's normally well-behaved Great Dane Jack has run off and done the wild thing with the neighbor's dog. It must be puppy love! It's doubly embarrassing since she's a professional dog trainer. Of course, the neighbor would have to be hot, hot nightclub owner bad boy Owen McKay, just the kind of man Callie is determined to avoid.

Owen’s comfortable with his playboy status and the hype in the media. But the ground moves beneath his feet when he gets an eyeful of the girl next door. The Dog Whisperer never looked this good! How can he convince this wholesome honey that his player days are behind him? Maybe Jill, his Great Dane can help him with this dilemma now that she’s pregnant and Callie’s dog is to blame.

Is this bad boy a bad bet?
Old 03-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #268
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Blossom, koland, I understand the logistics of it, but it doesn't make any sense to me. Why wouldn't you want your book to have an original cover, make it stand out? As much as I know I shouldn't, I do go by covers at times. And because I check on deals frequently, it drives me nuts! bleh, bigger problems than this, just a big pet peeve of mine!
It's possible they don't know the image has been used before. The Kindle Store is huge. There are a limited amount of images available to use for covers unless you say hire someone to do it for you like this person who many use these days.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #269
koland
Grand Sorcerer

(affiliate links in signature)

Eros Deal of the Day:

The Ultimate Guide to Orgasm for Women
By: Mikaya Heart , Violet Blue $2.50

Quote:
Owning our desires should be neither embarrassing nor uncomfortable. Nor should they be subject to anyone else's moral judgment of what is right or wrong, good or bad, normal or abnormal. Combining communication and information is the key. By shrugging off the taboos against talking about our preferences and experiences when we're being sexual, we will take the first and most important steps toward ensuring our own fulfillment. The Ultimate Guide to Orgasm for Women is an unflinchingly honest, responsible, and thoroughly comprehensive exploration of female sexuality. Topics include: The physical types of orgasm, such as electrical, flying, pounding, deep, waves, and blips; orgasm as an emotional release; the "elusive orgasm" and why some women have difficulty having one; how often we fake them and why; masturbation; multiple orgasms; the male-female dichotomy; penetration and the G-spot; defining the erotic; and the joy of sex toys.

Diesel Deal of the Day (M/M Romance)

Hair of the Dog
By: Ashlyn Kane , Morgan James $1.40

Quote:
It's nine o'clock the morning after his father's funeral, and Ezra Jones already knows it's going to be a bad day. He wakes up hungover, sore, and covered in blood. Then it gets worse: the handsome and compelling Callum Dawson shows up on his doorstep claiming Ezra's been turned into a werewolf. Ezra wants to be skeptical, but the evidence is hard to ignore. Ezra doesn't have a lot of time to get used to the rules Alpha Callum imposes-or the way his body responds to Callum's dominance-as he's busily working for the CDC to help uncover the origins of a lycan epidemic. When the sexual tension finally breaks, Ezra barely has time to enjoy it, because a new danger threatens. Someone wants Ezra for their own unscrupulous purposes and will do anything to get him.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #270
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It's possible they don't know the image has been used before. The Kindle Store is huge. There are a limited amount of images available to use for covers unless you say hire someone to do it for you like this person who many use these days.
True. Which is why most publishers commission the artwork (at least, for anyone they think will sell) and avoid public domain images for the most part. Hard to believe S&S would use an image that can appear on hundreds of other books (in stores and on Kindle). If they commissioned or optioned it, it's also hard to believe they would allow rights to return to the photographer so quickly.