Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #1
fbdev
fbdev
fbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel is

Device: kindle
kaffeine: the sleep manager for kindle

first production release of kaffeine (p0).
there are three modes for this application:

0) keep awake mode
kindle# kaffeine
-prevents system from going to screen saver if active mode.
-prevents system from going to standby if in screen saver mode.

1) locked mode
kindle# kaffeine 1
-prevents system from going to screen saver.
-locks the keyboard.
-to unlock the keyboard: Alt-Menu.

2) frozen mode
kindle# kaffeine 2
-screen content is retained.
-system will sleep, then, after ~65 seconds, standby.

3) disabled
kindle# kaffeine 3
-exits kaffeine.

thanks to max99 for launchpad binding example.
Attached Files
File Type: gz kaffeine.tar.gz (24.6 KB, 1043 views)
File Type: zip kaffeine.zip (24.8 KB, 1219 views)
File Type: zip kaffeine_ini.zip (233 Bytes, 1059 views)

Last edited by fbdev; 10-28-2011 at 11:52 PM.
fbdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #2
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
thanks for this, ive already tried option 2 and it seems to work great...i can now sleep my kindle with the current page displayed. )

if there is anyway to display a lock icon in the top left that would be perfect.

i enclose a launchpad script for anyone wanting to try this. just drop the ini and the kaeffine code in the launchpad directory and invoke with shift P P.

i also found a lock icon if anyone can figure a way to display that. im using a kindle dxg for the record.

Name:  ss_pdf_lock.gif
Views: 6542
Size:  979 Bytes

kaffine.ini.zip
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #3
fbdev
fbdev
fbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel isfbdev really knows where his or her towel is

forgot something important:
to unlock the keyboard, press:
Alt-Menu
Old 09-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
fbdev
fbdev

there is an icon for each of the states; only on a 600x800 screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
thanks for this, ive already tried option 2 and it seems to work great...i can now sleep my kindle with the current page displayed. )

if there is anyway to display a lock icon in the top left that would be perfect.

i enclose a launchpad script for anyone wanting to try this. just drop the ini and the kaeffine code in the launchpad directory and invoke with shift P P.

i also found a lock icon if anyone can figure a way to display that. im using a kindle dxg for the record.

Attachment 77006

Attachment 77005
Old 09-26-2011, 02:30 PM   #5
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbdev View Post
forgot something important:
to unlock the keyboard, press:
Alt-Menu
i take it this isnt possible after the kindle is in standby? the reason i ask is im wondering if option 2 results in a proper battery saving sleep....or is there code constantly running in the background?

also when i wake up with the slider from kaeffine 2 do i need to kill the code to avoid running multiple copies next time i invoke the freeze mode?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
fbdev
fbdev

the system will standby to memory after ~65 seconds in frozen mode.

you do not need to kill the application. a new instance will replace an old instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max99 View Post
i take it this isnt possible after the kindle is in standby? the reason i ask is im wondering if option 2 results in a proper battery saving sleep....or is there code constantly running in the background?

also when i wake up with the slider from kaeffine 2 do i need to kill the code to avoid running multiple copies next time i invoke the freeze mode?
Old 09-26-2011, 02:50 PM   #7
fbdev
fbdev

remember; i don't have a dxg, so i can't verify any of these claims on your machine. =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbdev View Post
the system will standby to memory after ~65 seconds in frozen mode.

you do not need to kill the application. a new instance will replace an old instance.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:03 AM   #8
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
Dude! I thought we'd lost you to the ether of the intertubes fbdev. I'm glad you're still sharing your awesome original work with us.
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #9
fbdev
fbdev

i'm very quiet when i'm coding. =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryran View Post
Dude! I thought we'd lost you to the ether of the intertubes fbdev. I'm glad you're still sharing your awesome original work with us.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:14 AM   #10
Rockets00
Connoisseur
Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 2
How can I install it?
Rockets00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
ryran
Connoisseur
ryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with othersryran plays well with others

Device: Kindle 3G
You need to install launchpad first. Once you've done that, the first few posts will make more sense, hopefully.
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #12
Rockets00
Connoisseur
Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.Rockets00 got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 2
Should I put ini and this program in a launchpad folder?

P P = !/mnt/us/launchpad/kaffeine 2 - Does it mean, that I have to press shift+p+p to use mode 2?
Rockets00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:23 AM   #13
max99
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets00 View Post
Should I put ini and this program in a launchpad folder?

P P = !/mnt/us/launchpad/kaffeine 2 - Does it mean, that I have to press shift+p+p to use mode 2?
put the ini file and the kaffeine file in the launchpad folder.

then press shift, space, space....so that launchpad can read the new ini file. you should see text flash up success in lower left.

after that, 'shift, P, P' will then start kaffeine mode 2.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #14
fink
fink began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dxg
It does not work on kindle dxg, right?
fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 05:01 AM   #15
max99
Addict

i use a dxg myself, yes it works.