Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
Forums back up?

What's going on in eDGe land? I just managed to post a message on the forums.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Indeed.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:50 AM   #3
North19
Enthusiast
North19 began at the beginning.

Device: entourage eDGe, pocket eDGe, kindle
I'd guess it's all a matter of when the server company nukes the site now, and no longer up to entourage at all.
North19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
ken_jennings
eDGe User
ken_jennings has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Entourage eDGe
I had supposed that the last person to leave the building forgot to turn off the mains at the fusebox, but see in other posts the forum server did appear to go down.

So, next ideas?

Burglars turned the power back on?

The developers snuck in to download the final Ermine release and SDK for us?

Last edited by ken_jennings; 06-01-2011 at 10:59 AM.
ken_jennings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #5
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Back for an encore?
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:20 PM   #6
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I get the Home page now when I click on my forum shortcut. Does this mean forums are gone for good, but registration server/updater is active??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:23 PM   #7
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
I get the Home page now when I click on my forum shortcut. Does this mean forums are gone for good, but registration server/updater is active??
I think some other users reported that registration wasn't working for them either, I think at this point the whole thing is gone for good(except the homepage and that strange page with mildly nsfw books lol)
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #8
geckoFeet
Resident Reptile
geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.geckoFeet knows what's going on.

Device: entourage edge
They did say that registration would continue for the forseeable future. That was two weeks ago; we don't know how far they could forsee, and they've been extremely bad about keeping their promises, so I wouldn't want to bet on this, but it could be that the registration being down is a temporary glitch, similar to the way the board was going up and down the last few weeks, so it'd definitely be worth it to keep trying. It'd be even better to phone them and ask what's going on, I think. They're not very good about keeping their customers informed.

Incidentally, I didn't think that the book was nsfw, but of course that depends on where you work ....
geckoFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:43 PM   #9
Adiposus Maximus
BMI Chart Buster
Adiposus Maximus began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Nook Color, Viewsonic GTablet, Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
I think some other users reported that registration wasn't working for them either, I think at this point the whole thing is gone for good(except the homepage and that strange page with mildly nsfw books lol)
I take it you saw that title by John Anderson about inverted cattle hands too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoFeet
Incidentally, I didn't think that the book was nsfw, but of course that depends on where you work ....
I think nsfw implicitly excludes those who work in the adult services industry...

Last edited by Adiposus Maximus; 06-01-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Adiposus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #10
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoFeet View Post
One of the images of the covers of one of the books could be considered by some as nsfw, though it didn't contain any actual nudity, but now it seems that while you can reach the page, all of the images of the books are gone... And i just noticed that one of them was set to release June 6, I wonder if it will lol.
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:34 AM   #11
Qwill
Enthusiast
Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
And i just noticed that one of them was set to release June 6, I wonder if it will lol.
Seeing the title "Yours to keep" ... might it be the Final (non beta) ermine release ?
Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 08:37 AM   #12
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwill View Post
Seeing the title "Yours to keep" ... might it be the Final (non beta) ermine release ?
Nice thought...
glow is offline   Reply With Quote