Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 08-29-2020, 04:04 AM   #16
KayDav
KayDav began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Touch, Boox Note Air 2
Is this for Audible US? I'm on Audible UK and there doesn't seem to be any change to my plan. I pay £7.99 a month for 1 credit. I'm actually quite happy with that, I'd rather wait for the credits to build up than pay extra to get audiobooks now. Not bothered about podcasts and usually only want an audiobook if I already have the ebook. If the plan changed I'd probably shop around though.
KayDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 11:00 AM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDav View Post
Is this for Audible US? I'm on Audible UK and there doesn't seem to be any change to my plan. I pay £7.99 a month for 1 credit. I'm actually quite happy with that, I'd rather wait for the credits to build up than pay extra to get audiobooks now. Not bothered about podcasts and usually only want an audiobook if I already have the ebook. If the plan changed I'd probably shop around though.
Yes, it's US only. I corrected the opening post. Thanks for pointing it out.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2020, 04:57 PM   #18
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
This reminds me I need to cancel again. I don't commute anymore (and let's hope the continues) and I just have too many "yet to listen" books I've already bought.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 03:23 PM   #19
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Forgive me if I missed this explained better in the last few pages, but I’m curious about the “add to library” thing now available on so many thousands of titles at Audible. An an active member at the moment, I guess I’m in their new ‘plus’ plan and have access to that whole library. But I imagine that the titles I’m adding are in my library as ‘rentals’ and will disappear anytime my membership lapses. Sound right?
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 04:11 PM   #20
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yes, that's right. You don't own those titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Forgive me if I missed this explained better in the last few pages, but I’m curious about the “add to library” thing now available on so many thousands of titles at Audible. An an active member at the moment, I guess I’m in their new ‘plus’ plan and have access to that whole library. But I imagine that the titles I’m adding are in my library as ‘rentals’ and will disappear anytime my membership lapses. Sound right?
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2020, 04:47 PM   #21
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorViking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Yes, that's right. You don't own those titles.
That's correct. These titles are strictly rentals:

Quote:
If I cancel my membership, can I keep titles from the Audible Plus Catalog?

No, if you cancel you’ll lose access to titles you’ve selected from the Audible Plus Catalog at the end of your final billing period. Anything you’ve selected with a credit will be yours to keep.
Old 09-15-2020, 06:04 PM   #22
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's correct. These titles are strictly rentals:
Are they in the aaxc format? Is there a limit on how many can be borrowed?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 10:24 PM   #23
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Are they in the aaxc format?
I don't know the answer to that. I'll need to do some research.

Quote:
Is there a limit on how many can be borrowed?
No limit:

Quote:
Is there a limit on how many Audible Plus Catalog titles I can add to my library or stream?

No. Audible Plus and Audible Premium Plus members can listen all they want to the Audible Plus Catalog. You can stream or download any title in the catalog.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:46 AM   #24
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible Escape is being deleted by Audible on 31 Oct

Audible is ditching the Escape package because it's now part of their new Audible Plus catalog. Just how many of the former Escape books are included in the new Plus catalog remains to be seen. Pricing for the new plan is much lower (provided it contains the books you want).

Please direct all discussions about this change to the Audible Escape thread.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-16-2020 at 02:04 AM.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:34 AM   #25
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Are they in the aaxc format? Is there a limit on how many can be borrowed?
The plus (borrowed) stuff downloads as aaxc on Android and does not allow for downloading on a PC.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 12:19 PM   #26
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
The plus (borrowed) stuff downloads as aaxc on Android and does not allow for downloading on a PC.
Thanks. One more question--what about the two extra books included in the Premium Plus membership? Audible says
Quote:
2 titles of your choice per month
Get 2 credits good for any title in our entire premium selection—yours to keep.
Sounds like this is in effect a replacement for the free Audible Originals they've been offering to members each month? Is that what they mean by "premium selection," or is there a more extensive pool of titles to choose from?

I'm a Silver member and don't qualify for any of the new perks--I'm trying to get a sense of whether changing my membership would mean any real added value.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:24 PM   #27
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks. One more question--what about the two extra books included in the Premium Plus membership? Audible says

Sounds like this is in effect a replacement for the free Audible Originals they've been offering to members each month? Is that what they mean by "premium selection," or is there a more extensive pool of titles to choose from?

I'm a Silver member and don't qualify for any of the new perks--I'm trying to get a sense of whether changing my membership would mean any real added value.
I don't see mention of "2 credits per month" anywhere.
But all the credit references I do see, 1 per month for Premium Plus, is the normal credit that credit-earning member have always gotten for normal book purchases.

It appear Originals have become "included" plus items that you lose if you quit.

FWIW, I have indeed found several items I like in the plus catalog, so if I was ok with paying for the temporary rental-only, listen in audible app-only paradigm, it might hold value for me. I'm not, so it doesn't.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 09-16-2020 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:38 PM   #28
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Audible is offering a free 1-month trial for anyone to check out the new plans. Non-Prime members signing up for the Premium plan get the usual 1 free credit and Prime members get 2 free credits, but that only applies for the first month. After the trial, it's strictly 1 credit per month.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:43 PM   #29
ApK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Audible is offering a free 1-month trial for anyone to check out the new plans. Non-Prime members signing up for the Premium plan get the usual 1 free credit and Prime members get 2 free credits, but that only applies for the first month. After the trial, it's strictly 1 credit per month.

Yes, but CL posted this:

Quote:
2 titles of your choice per month
Get 2 credits good for any title in our entire premium selection—yours to keep.
I assumed those statements were linked, but perhaps they are totally independent.
The first referring to the Originals thing, which I cannot find mention of anymore, I think they may have changed to borrowed "plus catalog" items.
And the second referring to the one-time Prime trial offer.
Old 09-16-2020, 01:58 PM   #30
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
I don't see mention of "2 credits per month" anywhere.
But all the credit references I do see, 1 per month for Premium Plus, is the normal credit that credit-earning member have always gotten for normal book purchases.
I linked to the page that says 2 credits per month for Premium Plus: here.

The page compares Plus and Premium Plus. It's the page I landed on by clicking "member benefits." It's also the landing page when I click on "Plus catalog."

ETA: Another crazy thing is that I can't see what's in the catalog except for the limited number of items on the Plus catalog page--that "included" designation doesn't show up for me on the book pages or in my wish list, so I have no way of knowing if something I might be interested in is in the catalog.

ETA #2: Aha. I can click browse, click a category, and then filter the results by Plus package, so that lets me see included titles. But it's still annoying, because as a Silver member I can't just search on a title and see if it's part of the package.

Last edited by Catlady; 09-16-2020 at 02:15 PM. Reason: ETA, ETA #2.