Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-28-2016, 06:15 PM   #1
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Evernote free version change

I was just updating some info on an Evernote list when I got one of those pesky pop-ups that never bode well. In this case, it was to alert me that in 29 days, I will only be able to access Evernote on two devices unless I upgrade.

Kind of a bummer, since I use Evernote a lot. Can't blame 'em, of course. I figure I can live with the limitation, but it'll be something of a nuisance.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:29 PM   #2
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
I use the free Evernote and so this change affects me as well. Although really I suppose it is cheap enough to buy the Plus at $50 per year (don't know what country of currency that's in).

Wow, I don't use it that often but I do find it very handy when I do, so I hadn't realised that I can only upload 60MB per month - good grief that's low!!

Anyway, here's a link to the lifehacker article that explains it:
http://lifehacker.com/evernote-limit...-up-1782744350

Interestingly, I'm not sure where Evernote actually talks about it: https://evernote.com/

Edit
Here's the Evernote link re definition of 'devices': https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/218558068

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 06-28-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2016, 07:36 PM   #3
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's an interesting discussion: OneNote and Evernote: What's the Difference https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote

That's on the OneNote web site.

Edit
Here's a link to the Office Blogs part of OneNote, where there's chat on migrating your notes into OneNote and download link to Importer Tool:
https://blogs.office.com/2016/03/11/...onenote-today/

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 06-28-2016 at 07:42 PM. Reason: add the Edit
Old 06-28-2016, 07:42 PM   #4
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Haven't gotten the message yet.

Since the whole point is to sync my notes across devices, I'll probably just quit using it. It's an app I love, but $35/year is too much to pay for the types of stuff I use it for.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:48 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Same here. The app on your PC counts as a device too. It's just ridiculous! Four as a limit I could see but two? One Note is a bit clunky. There aren't many alternatives.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2016, 07:56 PM   #6
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Thanks, Lynx; that helps set out the options.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #7
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use it mainly for lots of lists of various things.

I will probably keep it on my phone, then need to decide between my tablet, laptop, or PC. But as Lynx said 60MB isn't much.

Right now I have the sync feature turned off on Google Keep. I may look into using it more.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:12 PM   #8
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Maybe I'm confusing myself, but is 60mb accumulative? That is, if I download something into Evernote PC and it then syncs to my 2nd device (phone) is that still considered one data download? Or is the fact that it syncs considered a second data download (and therefore contributing to the 60mb per month)?

Make sense .....
Old 06-28-2016, 08:22 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've never went over on the 60MB a month bandwidth but it counts as any traffic.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2016, 08:27 PM   #10
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

What irks me is merging notes is only available in the desktop client which also takes up one device slot.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:28 PM   #11
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

The data limit is for uploads. So syncing it to another device shouldn't count. But I don't really see anything on their site that clarifies it.

I did notice on this page from their FAQ that the maximum file size in the free version is 25MB, but I don't know if that is new or if they've had a max file size for a while.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:44 PM   #12
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Right now I have the sync feature turned off on Google Keep. I may look into using it more.
I have been using Google Keep for a few months now and love it. Runs on PC, Chromebook and Android, even Kindle Fire has the app. Synch across all devices and can save text, images, links and can further encrypt if you wish. Not sure about iDevices as I gave up iPad and iPhone a while back. Transferred hundreds of memos from Palm, took a few hours but very worthwhile. The search feature is awesome. And totally free ( if you accept loss of privacy not too high a price for free ).
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:05 AM   #13
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I was just updating some info on an Evernote list when I got one of those pesky pop-ups that never bode well. In this case, it was to alert me that in 29 days, I will only be able to access Evernote on two devices unless I upgrade.
Yeah, I just got that notice today also. In this case (for a change) using Linux works out to my advantage, as clients for Linux (like Everpad and NixNote) don't count as devices. So I'll be able to use it on my desktop, laptop(s) and on two phones/tablets (Blackberry and an Android).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 12:33 AM   #14
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Wow, I don't use it that often but I do find it very handy when I do, so I hadn't realised that I can only upload 60MB per month - good grief that's low!!
I don't think I ever used over 1% of my 60 MBs -- which is why I've never really looked into Premium or Plus (I also don't need the advanced features). It would be nice if they let you add devices to the Basic (free) Plan for a certain fee per year. But I understand that they have to keep the lights on. I looked into OneNote and Keep and neither impressed me that much. Besides, I don't think they work on Linux or on the Blackberry.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 01:00 AM   #15
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Premium now costs as much as a 1 year subscription to Office 365 which has a lot more apps and 1TB of cloud space and of course One Note.

A 40% increase is crazy. If they need money add ads for free accounts don't limit it even more.

I had Premium during our move in 2014 because I need offline notes. It was really not worth the price to me. I keep text notes and that's it.