Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-25-2021, 10:01 PM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Calibre on Fedora Linux, cannot upload books to Kobo

Hey guys. I'm running Calibre 5.16.1 on Fedora Linux 33. I've installed Kobo Utilities and Kobo Touch Extended (which is I think what is causing my issue).

I'mable to update ePubs to my Nook. But when I try sending books to my Kobo using Kobo Touch Extended, I get the below error message.

Code:
calibre, version 5.16.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to process Past Imperative by Dave Duncan: list index out of range

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 272, in _modify_epub
    container.copy_file_to_container(
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 208, in copy_file_to_container
    item = self.generate_item(name, media_type=mt)
  File "calibre/ebooks/oeb/polish/container.py", line 962, in generate_item
IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
  File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 595, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 406, in upload_books
    return super(KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED, self).upload_books(
  File "calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2134, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 302, in _modify_epub
    raise e.__class__(msg).with_traceback(tb)
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 272, in _modify_epub
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.container", line 208, in copy_file_to_container
IndexError: Failed to process Past Imperative by Dave Duncan: list index out of range
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Kobo Touch extended.

I did disable the Kobo Touch plug-in.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 11:05 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Hey guys. I'm running Calibre 5.16.1 on Fedora Linux 33. I've installed Kobo Utilities and Kobo Touch Extended (which is I think what is causing my issue).

I'mable to update ePubs to my Nook. But when I try sending books to my Kobo using Kobo Touch Extended, I get the below error message.

Code:
calibre, version 5.16.1
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to process Past Imperative by Dave Duncan: list index out of range

IndexError: list index out of range

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 89, in run
  File "calibre/gui2/device.py", line 595, in _upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 406, in upload_books
    return super(KOBOTOUCHEXTENDED, self).upload_books(
  File "calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 2134, in upload_books
  File "calibre_plugins.kobotouch_extended.device.driver", line 302, in _modify_epub
    raise e.__class__(msg).with_traceback(tb)
IndexError: Failed to process Past Imperative by Dave Duncan: list index out of range
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Kobo Touch extended.

I did disable the Kobo Touch plug-in.
That suggests the book has errors. From the code, the extended driver is trying to add a file to the manifest and the manifest cannot be found. That suggests the book is invalid, and specifically, the OPF is wrong. I would open the book in the calibre editor and run to check tool to see what errors it produces and then fix them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2021, 07:15 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Well, I tried using the tool, but the error fixes were above my pay grade.

I deleted the ePub and reconverted and wound up getting the same error. What I failed to mention is after converting but before loading the book, I edited it with Sigil and I think the version of Sigil I have is causing trouble. It's version 0.9.14-7.fc33 from the official Gnome Software repo Fedora uses. But I noticed when using Sigil, it will freeze and stop responding.

I wound up using my Windows PC which got everything squared away.

In the future, I will just use Calibre's built-in ebook editor instead of Sigil and see if that helps.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote