Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-29-2018, 06:17 PM   #1231
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
100% of the changes will be declaration of the variable and if statements.

No error messages and many other messages will not have associated if statements.

The initial value of VERBOSITY will be such that no existing print statements will be suppressed, so nothing will change if there are no -q in the command. This would open the door for new prints that do not show up without a -v.

Regarding my use case, I use the optional rawml output to help fix xray entry errors. I've found that a 2 line sed command can make the rawml viewable in a web browser.

Code:
s/^<?xml/<!--l/
s/dtd">/dt-->/
I also have a simple script that bolds, tags, and numbers all the entity occurrences in the rawml.
The printout for every image in the book is what I particularly don't want to see.

What's in it for me is not having to redo the changes every time a new version comes out.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 06:26 PM   #1232
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
What's in it for me is not having to redo the changes every time a new version comes out.
I'd be lying if I said some of us haven't made changes for similar reasons.

If it doesn't change any of the current default behavior, and adds granularity for future potential KU integration, I can think of no real reason not to include it.

We should probably wait for input from other contributors, though. If you have something ready, I'd say create a pull request on github and add a link back to this discussion in the message. That might be the quickest way to get more eyes on it.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 09-29-2018 at 06:32 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2018, 07:00 PM   #1233
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Turns out I've been using version 0.75 that I installed from the release binary.

Earlier today when I first decided to make my proposed changes, it seemed best to clone the repository and start there. Turns out I have the same problem as in post #1135 and I'm out of time for now. When I get that sorted and can test, I'll do a fork, make the changes, test, and open a pull request, which I also need to learn. It also can take a while for me to dot i's and cross t's, so it might be a while. But it sounds like no one is particularly eager to get the capability.

Thanks for the guidance.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:15 AM   #1234
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Turns out I have the same problem as in post #1135 and I'm out of time for now.
That issue was resolved with commit 58c8d34. As long as you're cloning, working and testing with the master branch, it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:00 AM   #1235
elmimmo
elmimmo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That issue was resolved with commit 58c8d34. As long as you're cloning, working and testing with the master branch, it shouldn't be a problem.
The bug persist if I call kindleunpack.py via a symlink that does not reside in the same directory as kindleunpack.py. I.e, if I call ~/bin/kindleunpack.py, it being symlink to ~/bin/KindleUnpack/lib/kindleunpack.py (irrespective of the path the symlink points to being relative or absolute).
elmimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #1236
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmimmo View Post
The bug persist if I call kindleunpack.py via a symlink that does not reside in the same directory as kindleunpack.py. I.e, if I call ~/bin/kindleunpack.py, it being symlink to ~/bin/KindleUnpack/lib/kindleunpack.py (irrespective of the path the symlink points to being relative or absolute).
I'll try to check when I get home. I've not tested that exact scenario because I don't symlink the actual script. Still, I don't see any valid reason why the commit I mentioned wouldn't also take care of that situation.

You're certain you're using a fresh copy of the master branch and not a Release download? Even the latest release archive (May 2015) wouldn't have the fix I'm talking about (Feb 2017).
Old 10-25-2018, 07:03 PM   #1237
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmimmo View Post
You're right. I could duplicate it. I've pushed a commit to master that should fix the issue of __file__ resolving correctly for symlinks as well.

Pull the latest from master and let me know.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:31 AM   #1238
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You're right. I could duplicate it. I've pushed a commit to master that should fix the issue of __file__ resolving correctly for symlinks as well.

Pull the latest from master and let me know.
Is there a version of the plugin for Calibre with this fix?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:30 AM   #1239
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is there a version of the plugin for Calibre with this fix?
This fix is completely unnecessary for the calibre plugin version of KindleUnpack. It only addresses the specific situation where someone might want to run the the kindleunpack.py script via symlink (on Linux or Mac). It's simply not relevant to the plugin versions.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 11-06-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:59 PM   #1240
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I have taken the latest version from the git repository, arbitrarily called it 0.81, and added it to the first post, replacing version 0.80 from 2015.

I've also added a 64-bit version of the AppleScript wrapped version.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:35 PM   #1241
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I have taken the latest version from the git repository, arbitrarily called it 0.81, and added it to the first post, replacing version 0.80 from 2015.
Thanks. I'll try to remember to add a tag for 0.81 to the repo before any other changes get committed.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:31 PM   #1242
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
pdurrant DiapDealer!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 10:20 PM   #1243
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Can KindleUnpack help me to extract TOC entries' position from mobi7 and mobi8 (azw3) books?
I am doing a project of progress bar for Kindles.
Ultimately I'd like to do all calculation and extraction from Kindle, but I think I should start from pre-processing on PC.

Last edited by mergen3107; 01-19-2019 at 11:08 PM.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:47 AM   #1244
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Can KindleUnpack help me to extract TOC entries' position from mobi7 and mobi8 (azw3) books?
Yes.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 12:16 PM   #1245
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
@pdurrant, thank you!
Can you please tell me:
1) Can KindleUnpack extract only TOC? For the purpose of my project I don't need all raw files;
2) How can I get location of TOC entries in a mobi8 file? So far, I can see that it only provides ordered TOC entry reference numbers. As a temporary solution to find percentage of a chapter is to calculated respective cumulative file sizes, but that's very rough.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote