Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-15-2005, 12:08 PM   #1
cosmic_fool
cosmic_fool began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T5
Talking greetings to one and all

Hi, just a quick post to say hello.

Found a link to the site while reconfiguring some Mobipocket news channels.

I have just upgraded to a Palm T5 and currently use AventGo and Mobipocket Reader.

Have noticed that not everything works the same way as it did on my old T2.

Oh well on to the gritty stuff - I'm male, 40, UK born and bred (I have a rhyme about that but I won't bore you with it ) and have two unbridled passions in my life, One is computers (still waiting for them to be like they are on Doctor Who) and the other you can probably guess from my signature.

Will be browsing a bit before I post elsewhere

see you in the forums
cosmic_fool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
Pride Of Lions
just kinda geeky
Pride Of Lions began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Welcome cosmic_fool.

You'll see that some of us are kinda passionate, too. Me for all the wonderful things I can do with my PDA (and then some.)

I think you'll fit in quite nicely.
POL9A
Pride Of Lions is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi Cosmic Fool. Glad to have you with us.

I'd love to hear some of your thoughts about your T5. At one time, I even walked into the store intending to buy, but just couldn't pull the trigger because it was so new I wanted to see how the bug reports worked themselves out. But it sounds like a great pda, and most everything appears to be pretty compatible now.

I'll second the opinion about how a lot of us are big pda fanatics, me included!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #4
cosmic_fool
cosmic_fool began at the beginning.

Device: Tungsten T5
Well its taking a while to get used to the T5. I seems to be a fair bit more nippy than me old T2 and the larger screen is excellent.

There are a few things I'd change - no charge light, speaker is odd position but its nice to hold. has oodles of memory etc..

I have also found the drive mode well useful.

People complain about it having no cradle but that isn't a prob for me. I used to have a Treo 90 which was cable only.

Reading books though in landscape is wonderful too.

Coz
cosmic_fool is offline   Reply With Quote