Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-01-2018, 09:00 AM   #1
Ramo
Enthusiast
Ramo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five wordsRamo can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo TouchC
Best application to catalog personal library?

Hey folks,

I have a ton of epubs on my Calibre Library, but as I started analog I also have aton of books on my shelves. I am looking for cataloging them on a aplication similar to Calibre, better still if I can enter a date for when it was purchased, the price and status - if it is lent to some one.

I figure that must be a very good application on that regard that I've never heard of.

Please, any help is useful.
Ramo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 09:17 AM   #2
Loves2Read4Fun
Loves2Read4Fun knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Loves2Read4Fun knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Loves2Read4Fun knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Loves2Read4Fun knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Loves2Read4Fun knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Loves2Read4Fun knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Loves2Read4Fun knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Loves2Read4Fun knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Loves2Read4Fun knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Loves2Read4Fun knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Loves2Read4Fun knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kobo Aura One
There's an application called "Readerware" that I used for a small preschool library that I started. It allows you to catalog books and keep track of loans. They have cataloging systems for music, videos and books. You can buy all 3 for a discount or just buy what you need. I only bought book one. There are different licenses depending upon what exactly you need. I had just the basic license and it was perfect for a small library.
Loves2Read4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2018, 09:30 AM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Calibre is still your best bet. Create an empty book. You can add columns for the other stuff. Download the metadata. Done. The alternative is a spreadsheet as they are portable from version to version of operating system. My paper library was originally in a Microsoft spreadsheet on my Mac Plus. That's from 1987. Still accurate albeit much smaller as I've downsized the paper library substantially.

Spreadsheet includes title, authors, publisher, date that edition published, genre, subgenre, when bought. I only have craft, cookbooks left. I wasn't interested in tracking price, but you certainly can.

Don't forget to keep a copy off-site in case of fire, theft, accidental erasure or equipment failure. I have had a duplicate on my Google free spreadsheet account since 2002.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #4
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I had my paper books listed in a spreadsheet and then later added them to Calibre using the Import List plugin. I tag with pbook along with a collections custom column for physical (or device) location. All other tags, columns make no distinction between pbook and ebook.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 11:39 AM   #5
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You may want to check out GStar, if you need something other than calibre. A free personal collection manager.

Quote:
GCstar is a free open source application for managing your collections. Detailed information on each item can be automatically retrieved from the internet and you can store additional data, such as the location or who you've lent it to. You may also search and filter your collection by many criteria.

GCstar is delivered under the terms of the GNU General Public License It can be used on any operating systems on which gtk2-perl is available. It has primarily been tested on GNU/Linux systems (used to develop it) but also on Microsoft Windows.
http://www.gcstar.org/

Quote:
GCstar 1.7.1 manages these collections:

Movies
Video games
Books
Music
Numismatic
Wines
Board games
Comic books
TV shows episodes
Stamps
Periodicals
Mini vehicles
Smart cards
TV shows (series)
Computer software
User defined collections

This version is also fully or partly translated in these languages: Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, Dutch, English, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian.
Or just google "collection manager software".

Last edited by Adoby; 05-01-2018 at 11:47 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
management, phisical library