Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #1
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Just ordered Kindle Voyage 2014

I just ordered the Kindle Voyage 2014 without special offers. Its delivery estimate is Nov 28, 2014. I also ordered the leather case which will be delivered on Oct 21, 2014. I paid a total of $ 296.71.

I'll buy the Kindle Fire HDX 7" 2014 as well but it has not yet been shown on the Amazon site.

I can't resist new Amazon toys and don't really believe most other folks should buy it if they have the 2013 models.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:52 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I just ordered the Kindle Voyage 2014 without special offers. Its delivery estimate is Nov 28, 2014. I also ordered the leather case which will be delivered on Oct 21, 2014. I paid a total of $ 296.71.

I'll buy the Kindle Fire HDX 7" 2014 as well but it has not yet been shown on the Amazon site.

I can't resist new Amazon toys and don't really believe most other folks should buy it if they have the 2013 models.
Folks in the Amazon.com Kindle discussion forum stated if you order the Voyage with Special Offers you get a delivery date of late October. Many are going this route and will pay $20 to opt out of Special Offers when the device arrives.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I ordered the Voyage without special offers and my delivery date is October 21st.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

WiFi only

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I ordered the Voyage without special offers and my delivery date is October 21st.
I ordered WiFi only. Did you get 3G?

I don't mind the 30 day delay since that will give Amazon time to work out all the bugs. I still remember all the folks returning Paperwhites and Fires when they first came out with defects galore.
Old 09-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I ordered WiFi only. Did you get 3G?
Wi-fi. I ordered yesterday though so maybe that's why I have the earlier delivery date?
Advert
Old 09-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Perhaps it depends on when the order was placed? From what I picked up on the Amazon.com forum, those who ordered yesterday got an October delivery date. Many ordering today didn't.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #7
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Perhaps it depends on when the order was placed? From what I picked up on the Amazon.com forum, those who ordered yesterday got an October delivery date. Many ordering today didn't.
I see, that may be it. I did order mine yesterday.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard

Flooded with orders?

Quote:
I see, that may be it. I did order mine yesterday.
They must be flooded with orders. I can live with my Paperwhite 2013 for another 30 days. It works fine. I came close to just staying with it and skipping the Voyager.

Hopefully, if there are screen and other defects, Amazon will solve the problems in 30 days.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #9
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
I ordered mine today. WiFi with special offers. Delivery date Oct 30th to Nov 30th. Upgrading from a Paperwhite 1.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #10
kaufman
Calibre Companion Fanatic
kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaufman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kindle Voyage
I just added all 4 variations to a cart to see and it came up with the following deliver dates:

Wifi with Special Offers 10/21
Wifi without Special Offers 11/28
3g+Wifi with Special Offers 10/29
3g+Wifi without Special Offers 12/11

I guess they want people to get the special offers version.
kaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #11
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

I think they always keep the greatest stock of the wi-fi with special offer kindles. It's easy enough to get one and then opt out also.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:55 PM   #12
jswinden
Nameless Being

I just ordered (Sept 18, 16:48 CDT) the Voyage without special offers in WiFi only and my delivery date is October 28th. I probably won't keep it on order, but maybe. At least with Amazon its easy to return items. Perhaps the 300dpi screen will counter the light layer blur so obvious to my eyes in the PW1&2. But I remain very skeptical. Contrast also needs to be greatly, not just marginally, increased. I've gotten so spoiled with the higher resolution of tablets and phones.

I'm a long time Prime member. I don't know if perhaps that matters as far as shipping queue goes.

Last edited by jswinden; 09-18-2014 at 05:58 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 05:57 PM   #13
sirmaru
Wizard

Special Offers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaufman View Post
I just added all 4 variations to a cart to see and it came up with the following deliver dates:

Wifi with Special Offers 10/21
Wifi without Special Offers 11/28
3g+Wifi with Special Offers 10/29
3g+Wifi without Special Offers 12/11

I guess they want people to get the special offers version.
That tells me that it was the Special Offers which dictated the estimated delivery dates, not the order date and time necessarily.

Its probable that all four types are made in different plants.

Also, my order does not even show if I have Special Offers included or not. I wonder where that is recorded.

Its also NOT guaranteed that Special Offers can be removed and, if they can, what the price will be. Voyager has a different product name than Paperwhite and there may be distinct differences.

I just noticed someone in a post right above me just ordered the same product as me and got an Oct 28 delivery estimate. Now that does make me wonder how those delivery estimates are calculated.

Last edited by sirmaru; 09-18-2014 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #14
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
That tells me that it was the Special Offers which dictated the estimated delivery dates, not the order date and time necessarily.

Its probable that all four types are made in different plants.

Also, my order does not even show if I have Special Offers included or not. I wonder where that is recorded.

Its also NOT guaranteed that Special Offers can be removed and, if they can, what the price will be. Voyager has a different product name than Paperwhite and there may be distinct differences.
SO was listed on my order:

Quote:
Pre-ordered: Delivery estimate: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 by 8pm
Kindle Voyage, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Adaptive Built-in Light, PagePress Sensors, Wi-Fi - Includes Special Offers
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Release date: Tuesday, October 21, 2014
SO will also show up on your My Kindle page eventually.
Old 09-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #15
sirmaru
Wizard

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
SO was listed on my order
Thanks. That answers the question. My order does NOT show Special Offers and yours does. Then it is definitely Special Offers determining the delivery date and the order shows it if it is included.

Its also possible that Voyager will not allow a removal of Special Offers.

Its really not a big deal since Special Offers does not interfere with reading eBooks. They only appear on the cover.