Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #1
JhamishW
JhamishW began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
kobo vox account access

purchased a kobo vox june 25/12 - am unable to access my account...cannot buy books or do anything....have emailed the "experts" but to no avail...no reply thus far...for the first few days all seemed okay..then I get this "UH OH" tech error when I go to log into my account...any thots...so far the Kobo Vox is a poor investment ....would not recommend it....tried logging into my account on my computer and with the Vox...neither works...
JhamishW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #2
BWinmill
Nameless Being

One thing you can do is describe the problem, because there may be people in these forums who can help.

Until then, your Vox is useful for plenty. It accepts non-DRM ePubs from third parties. You can install a reader like Aldiko to read DRM ePubs (including those from Kobo). Throw on a PDF reader, and it will work nicely for that. If you're really frustrated with Kobo, lash out at them by installing the Kindle reader!

(If you can't get past the registration process to do that stuff, just create a temporary account until your problem is resolved.)

Finally, one piece of advice: asking questions will accomplish more than venting.
Advert
Old 07-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
JhamishW
JhamishW began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
thanks for the advice....never thot of the temp account idea...
JhamishW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:56 AM   #4
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Unsure how this is a Vox issue if you cannot log into the website either, sounds like an issue with your account

If the Vox worked initially and then suddenly didnt, perhaps you have another issue with your Vox, once it's set up and signed in, you shouldnt have to do this again

From the above, you need to get your account sorted out first, possibly password recovery?
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote