Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-24-2018, 06:42 PM   #91
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Old, non-front-lit eReaders. Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos and Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Does she do her own dusting? This was my primary incentive for going digital
Yep. She's on her own now. Takes good care of her apartment.
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 06:45 PM   #92
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
My kids are the same way. They see me reading on an ereader every day and expanding my ereader collection (thanks to shopgoodwill). I point out that they are running out of space for all of their physical books in their rooms, they can can carry hundred of books on an ereader, many books they like are available free, etc. Yet, when I offer them one of my old ereaders to read ebooks they tell me they prefer to read "the old fashioned way."
My daughter says she just likes the "feel" of a book in her hands. I'm like you, I like that I can carry several books with me — and download more from the store or the library "on the run."
Old 09-24-2018, 06:49 PM   #93
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
If you mean The Ring of Allaire series, holy cow... those covers are truly awful.

Actually I can't remember having ever read them. So thanks for the tip. No paper books for me, I'm afraid. I'll just change the covers in Calibre.
Yep. That's the series. And (like an idiot) it never occurred to me that I could change the cover to the old one. I may not even like the series any more — I think it was what they would classify as "young adult" now (although I don't there was such a classification back in the 80s).

EDIT: Just looked on Amazon. Some delusional soul is trying to sell the same series of paperbacks I just bought for $608 plus $4 shipping? I paid $3.95 per book (which included shipping) but the seller gave one free for each two you bought, so the total price was $7.90. Maybe I'll go on Amazon and sell for them for "half" price.

https://www.amazon.com/Allaire-Sword...ing+of+allaire

Last edited by rcentros; 09-24-2018 at 06:57 PM.