Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-08-2019, 01:21 AM   #1
Tutek
Tutek began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Onyx Boox Nova Pro - problem with backlight and wifi

Hi,
every time I turn on my Nova Pro it starts without any backlight, I need to click backlight icon on top and move slider in left or in right then backlight turns on - this is very annoying.
So if I'm on completely dark room I don't see if device is still booting or it is already turn on. This is faulty device should I send it to repair center, or maybe wrong system setup?

The same problem is with WI-Fi is disabled every start of the device, I need to turn in on every time.

Please help me.
Tutek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:53 AM   #2
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
For the frontlight issue, go into Settings, then go to Power, then check the box beside the option which says, "Activate front light when the device wake up".

With any luck, that should resolve the issue. My Nova Pro always turns on the light when it wakes up.

As for the wifi issue, there may be a similar solution. I don't know as I so seldom ever turn it on.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2019, 05:42 AM   #3
Tutek

I have this option checked "Activate front light when the device wake up" my problem is not that I have no lights when device wake up from sleep but when it turns on (from power off)
Old 11-10-2019, 11:54 AM   #4
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutek View Post
I have this option checked "Activate front light when the device wake up" my problem is not that I have no lights when device wake up from sleep but when it turns on (from power off)
I understood your problem.

Both my Nova Pro and my Note Pro wake up, whether from sleep or from being powered off, with their lights on. That's why I suggested looking at that option as there doesn't seem to be any other setting for the light that I can see.

Out of curiosity, what version of the firmware are you running on your device? Mine is the 2.1.2 on both devices.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:16 PM   #5
Tutek

I don't understand this software a bit. Today I turn on my Nova Pro and voila I have already ON backlight - but I didn't touch any settings.
Advert