Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-06-2021, 10:02 PM   #31
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes, that is the same error as originally. I reverted the change in 5.19 as it caused crashes, which is unacceptable.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:50 AM   #32
jackb
jackb began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,

A quick update, I just installed version 5.21 and am no longer having any problems at all.

I've tested it twice and both times Calibre came up and communicated with the phone just fine. I did notice that the the initial job that goes out to interrogate the phone lasted very long, approximately 90 seconds, but it all worked just fine.

Many many thanks for a wonderful product and such phenomenal support.
jackb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 10:52 AM   #33
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Weird there werent any changes in 5.21 related to this at all.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 08:16 AM   #34
rasteps
Zealot
rasteps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackb View Post
Hello,

A quick update, I just installed version 5.21 and am no longer having any problems at all.

I've tested it twice and both times Calibre came up and communicated with the phone just fine. I did notice that the the initial job that goes out to interrogate the phone lasted very long, approximately 90 seconds, but it all worked just fine.

Many many thanks for a wonderful product and such phenomenal support.

Strange. I still have the error.

calibre, version 5.21.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o117

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 515, in _books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 220, in books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 192, in get_driveinfo
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 272, in filesystem_cache
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:336:Failed to EnumObjects() of folder from device:[hr=0x80042009 wCode=7689] IDispatch error #7689: o117
rasteps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 02:50 AM   #35
rasteps
Zealot
rasteps began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Android phone
UPDATE:

Somehow the new update 5.221 reset something and now my phone connects to Calibre. Like Jackb's situation, it took about 2-1/2 minutes to scan at first, but then scanned faster the next time round.

@Kovid: Thank you for the support. And even if you didn't do anything, thank you spending time looking into the solution.

@Jackb: Your workaround solved another prob I was having with processing filenames before sending them to my phone, so I'm actually going to keep using that.
rasteps is offline   Reply With Quote