Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #1
scottsan
Connoisseur
scottsan began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
ipad 5.0.1 jailbreak: error, no successful firmware download after 600000 ms

I have an ipad running 5.0.1 that I jailbroke with redsn0w_mac_0.9.10b5c.
I installed corona unthethered 5.0.1 v. 1.0-8.
I installed iBooks 2.0.

iBooks works fine, until I respring, reboot, or itunes sync. Then the icon disappears from the screen, but it remains in the multitask tray and will open and work from there.
If I close iBooks after opening it from the multitask tray, there is no way to open it again, as there is no icon to be found. Yet, it is plainly stored in <var/mobile/applications>.

During the the jailbreak I got this error message - error, no successful firmware download after 600000 ms, but the jailbreak continued and the ipad functions rather normally, with the exception of the iBooks problem described above, and the appstore app, itunes app, and you tube app crash at start up.

Is there a solution?
scottsan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:16 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Restore with iOS5.0.1 and start over. Sometimes thats the only solution.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2012, 02:44 AM   #3
scottsan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I am considering that, but am concerned about how to preserve data used by two data tracking apps. Is such a thing possible?
Old 02-19-2012, 06:43 AM   #4
scottsan
Connoisseur

update

Quote:
Update.
I restored the iPad, ran the jailbreak. Now, iBooks functions well, but appstore, itunes, and youtube still crash at startup, but run in safe mode.

Help, please!
Old 02-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
There may not be any, Scott. I ran a jb on my 5.0.1 iphone with the same redsn0w and lots of things crashed. There was no solution, so I restored, and accepted that I have done my last jailbreak.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
scottsan
Connoisseur

Quote:
There may not be any, Scott. I ran a jb on my 5.0.1 iphone with the same redsn0w and lots of things crashed. There was no solution, so I restored, and accepted that I have done my last jailbreak.
the problem was 2 mobilesubstrate addons: PreferenceLoader and My3g. They were deleted and things now work fine.