Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-22-2013, 06:21 AM   #46
GatorDeb
Evangelist
GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!GatorDeb , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2 + HDX 8.9
Well, that was fast! After all the doom talk of it going to take months if ever
GatorDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #47
natto
natto , Klaatu Barada Niktu!natto , Klaatu Barada Niktu!natto , Klaatu Barada Niktu!natto , Klaatu Barada Niktu!natto , Klaatu Barada Niktu!natto , Klaatu Barada Niktu!natto , Klaatu Barada Niktu!natto , Klaatu Barada Niktu!natto , Klaatu Barada Niktu!natto , Klaatu Barada Niktu!natto , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PW2
Congratulations.
Thank you all for your efforts and contributions to a free kindle world.
natto is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #48
Forbid
Probably Procrastinating
Forbid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Thanks to the entire community and their efforts to get this released! I really appreciate being able to have the book cover of the current book I'm reading be my screen saver again!
Forbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 09:30 AM   #49
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Related Topic

This one, about a similar situation, seems a relevant comment:

knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #50
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I think we can use an open-source wrench for free
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #51
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, FireHD6 Gen4
- Ran the new JB and got the "**** JAILBREAK ****" message on the bottom of my Settings screen. Yeah!

- Successfully installed "update_usbnet_0.14.N_install.bin" via an Update. Another Yeah!

- Tried to Update with each of the requisite files so I can run Kual, but "Update Your Kindle" remains greyed out no matter which file I put in the directory (separately).

BTW, I don't have the parental controls on.

What gives?
nypaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:56 AM   #52
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@nypaulie: snapshots .

(This is starting to give a good workout to my clipboard manager ;p).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 12:07 PM   #53
nypaulie
Gātheist
nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nypaulie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

THANKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@nypaulie: snapshots .

(This is starting to give a good workout to my clipboard manager ;p).
Super fast response with terrific help. You are the best. Thanks!

[Added Later] Everything is installed! Nice to have all the extras back. Thanks NiLuJe and thanks to everyone who contributed to this. TERRIFIC WORK!!!!!

Last edited by nypaulie; 11-22-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #54
eng.tarekeisa
Enthusiast
eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'eng.tarekeisa knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: papaer white
I am not a programmer but I hope you make a video and explain how to jailbreak kpw2
thx
eng.tarekeisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #55
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.tarekeisa View Post
I am not a programmer but I hope you make a video and explain how to jailbreak kpw2
thx
Video Storyboard:
* download a zip archive
* place contents on root of Kindle USB storage (not in /Documents)
* eject storage device
* remove USB cable
* home -> menu -> settings -> menu -> Update Kindle

Now all you have to do is record it and post it.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #56
nypaulie
Gātheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by eng.tarekeisa View Post
thx
Just follow knc1's storyboard. Here's where you get the zip package.
Unzip it and place the 3 files in the KPW main directory.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645

You can tell if you are successful if you get the following (or similar) screen:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jailbreak.jpg
Views:	655
Size:	99.6 KB
ID:	115626  

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-23-2013 at 10:21 AM. Reason: (Switched the link to a more perene URL) -- NiLuJe
Old 11-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #57
otichy
Connoisseur
otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!otichy , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: KPW
Just don't forget that you download a zip file containing another zipfile. It's the second zipfile that needs to be extracted to your Kindle root (outside the documents) folder.
otichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #58
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by otichy View Post
Just don't forget that you download a zip file containing another zipfile. It's the second zipfile that needs to be extracted to your Kindle root (outside the documents) folder.
Thanks -

And there are a couple of README files in there also - -
would not hurt the end-user to read them.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #59
nypaulie
Gātheist

Finally got my own screensaver loaded into /usr/share/blanket/screensaver using KindleExplorer. Now I feel I own the PW again! Nice...
Yes that's a glass of wine in the back - only just spotted it now! (after posting)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MYPW2.JPG
Views:	555
Size:	471.1 KB
ID:	115735  

Last edited by nypaulie; 11-25-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 11-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #60
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
That's great. I suspect the 'disable the light' cronjob works as well?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.4.0, jailbreak, paperwhite