Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-17-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
mijugama
mijugama began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Clearing the search history in the E-book Viewer

Hi
I've just joined the forum and would like some help in how to clear search history in the E-book Viewer. This has become cluttered with mis-spellings and other junk words. I have tried using the delete button but the words remain. What should I do. I am running on a Linux platform, is this the problem?

Regards, Mike
mijugama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Search click clear search history
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2019, 12:18 PM   #3
Vulturius
Vulturius began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Preferences->Search click clear search history

Estimated kovidgoyal:

It would be possible to search for whole words only in the E-book Viewer searching box? (It is terrible to look for example for the word "all" in a text in English. You have to go painfully through all the words that contain "all"!)

Thanks in advance for any help
Vulturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:52 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, sadly the engine the viewer uses does not have advanced search capabilities, this will come in the future though
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:31 AM   #5
Vulturius
Vulturius began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Thanks very much for your answer.

I am using the program for some years now and I must say that it is really excelent.
Vulturius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ebook viewer, search history