Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
can anyone confirm...?

if the digital list price has been crossed out and a new one written underneath it, does this mean that this is only a temporary price cut?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #2
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
do you have an example book on Amazon? I would say yes it's a special but that would depend on if it is an Agency title and it is they who are putting it on sale.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
do you have an example book on Amazon? I would say yes it's a special but that would depend on if it is an Agency title and it is they who are putting it on sale.
well, one of the books that were discounted last month but now is back to regular price was an agency book *huffs*

the rest have been indie books, and non-agency
Old 04-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
hate it when that happens!! :/

If it's indie authors then yeah I would guess it's a sale of some sort. And a business cannot offer an item in a perpetual state of being a sale price. So it has to come and go for pretty specific times if the seller of the item wants to use a sale to try and generate cash.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:24 AM   #5
wyndslash
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy3b View Post
hate it when that happens!! :/

If it's indie authors then yeah I would guess it's a sale of some sort. And a business cannot offer an item in a perpetual state of being a sale price. So it has to come and go for pretty specific times if the seller of the item wants to use a sale to try and generate cash.
ok, thanks i just didn't want to spend my money all in one go. i try to stick to a budget that said, i am once again waiting for the series that i wanted to come down in price
Advert