Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM   #16
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
How do I import from command-line?
Tanjamuse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
What I do is create the empty library in Calibre GUI first (including any custom columns), then quit Calibre GUI. On Windows, I used the ff command line:

Code:
calibredb add --duplicates --recurse --library-path "[DriveLetter]:\path\to\your\calibre\library"
"[DriveLetter]:\path\to\ebooks\you\want\to\add"
By the way, I ran the same import test on a Windows 10 netbook with i3-3227U 1.9GHz, 4GB RAM and 320GB HDD (waiting for Black Friday sales on 1TB SSDs). Import from internal HDD to internal HDD took 3 1/2 freakin' hours. CPU load hovered at 3-5% and Disk 1 C: was constantly at 90-100% load.

Ran the import test again using the exact same netbook this time with source and destination both on a 256GB Samsung 830 SSD connected via USB 3.0. Import took a mere 21 min 41s. One CPU core was constantly maxed out and Disk 2 D: load was around 20%.

Both tests were performed with Windows Defender Real-Time Protection disabled.

Too sleepy last night (didn't expect the laptop HDD test to take 3.5 freakin' hours) but will be running a couple more import tests on the netbook today. This time, I'll be testing a portable USB HDD and a Samsung Fit flash drive.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:03 PM   #18
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Finished the netbook import tests on the portable HDD and flash drive.
WD Elements 1TB (~60% full): 34m 18s
Samsung Fit 32GB (~65% full): 33m 6s

Hmm, looks like unless Windows is on an SSD, best to avoid using the Windows OS drive for mass imports.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote