Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-27-2014, 02:34 AM   #1
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Lightbulb Practice Random Acts of Creativity

Once in a blue moon, I get the urge to be creative somehow--draw or write poetry. My works aren't masterpieces, but they satisfy the urge to create, to use my creativity and imagination. I'm sure that's the case for many of you, as well.

Post your doodles, drawings, silly haikus or poems here! Let's not be judgemental of each other (e.g., make fun of, belittle or ridicule each other). This is a safe place to post your random acts of creativity. And whatever doodle/creative writing happens to tickle your funny bone is fine too.

I'll start with a drawing I just made using the android app SketchBook Mobile (on a rooted Nook Tablet). I used my middle finger... of all things! lol It's a copy of a werewolf from Draw Werewolves, another android app. (I didn't trace it; I copied it.):

Edit: Also, if you feel the urge to post a melancholy poem (like I often do), this is a safe place to do so.

Last edited by trichobezoar; 10-04-2018 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Added words
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 07:55 PM   #2
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used to write wistful, insightful poems. I miss writing poetry. Since I developed carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), I stopped. I'm hoping to continue even if it's just simple rhymes every now and then. Hopefully someday I'll fully heal from CTS and follow my passion once again.

Here's a short poem I wrote years ago about solace and poetic words:

LIGHT OF WORDS

I found solace in poetry,
In rhythm and rhyme,
In the passion and the glory of words--
Words softly spoken,
Words uttered in the dark,
Words written hurriedly on college-ruled paper.

I found solace in your words today.
Thank you for your kindness,
For sharing them with me--
A weary traveler...
Searching for the light of words.

(c) 2010, Carmen Hekawe Aguilar.
All rights reserved.

Last edited by trichobezoar; 02-07-2020 at 06:29 PM. Reason: wordy
Old 11-03-2014, 12:20 PM   #3
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

A STEPPING STONE

I couldn't put my finger on it.
I couldn't tell what we truly were--
A friendship or something more.
And after all was said and done, I came to realize...
We were stepping stones in each other's lives;
Our relation was merely a stepping stone in the sands of time.

(c) 2014, Trichobezoar.
All rights reserved.

Last edited by trichobezoar; 10-04-2018 at 12:00 PM. Reason: wordy
Old 11-08-2014, 08:02 AM   #4
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

ENCHANTED DECEPTION

The mystical realm awaits to be discovered and celebrated.
So common to man, the enchanted fades away
And lies buried underneath layers of banality--
Our various realities and levels of existence.

(c) 2014, Trichobezoar.
All rights reserved.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:31 PM   #5
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Fellow Traveler

Throughout our wayward journeys,
May the light within,
The Light of our being,
Tenderly guide us.

- - -

What is your inner compass pointing towards?
Thoughts, images and words, mere words...
Sign posts towards our true north or a wayward path.

- - -

Remember, spirituality is cumulative.
Keep striving despite the darkness and dim lighting.

@};---

Write your own script--create your own agenda.

In changing your script, you are changing your patterns
(i.e., patterns of thinking and behaiour)
And perhaps overcoming other patterns.

All of life consists of symbols and patterns.

The fibonacci sequence...

Last edited by trichobezoar; 10-04-2018 at 04:40 PM. Reason: more words
Old 10-05-2018, 06:15 AM   #6
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

To be is being and being is to be.

- - -

To be or not to be who you are; that is the question.
'Tis nobler in mind to be true to yourself
Than deceitful, grasping and clinging.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #7
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
I just composed this in the waking today (trying to ignore whining dogs begging to be fed, LOL):

Catching Up

And there were questions asked and answers heard
Until there left was not a word
Of hearth and home, heath nor hill
And a comfortable silence between them fell.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:14 PM   #8
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dngrsone View Post
I just composed this in the waking today:

Catching Up

And there were questions asked and answers heard
Until there left was not a word
Of hearth and home, heath nor hill
And a comfortable silence between them fell.
That's beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:30 AM   #9
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Why do burps suddenly appear
And nostrils flare
When you are near?
Just like me
They long to be
Far from you.

On the day that you were born
The angels(?) got together...

Old 10-07-2018, 12:00 PM   #10
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Create a Magenda asap.

Magenda (My Agenda) as opposed to Yagenda (Y'all Agenda).
Old 10-09-2018, 07:33 AM   #11
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

There is a world of ignorance in poverty and a world of poverty in ignorance.

Extreme ignorance comes from poverty of the heart, mind and soul;
From it stem all forms of emptiness... And ego revels in it.

@};---
Old 10-22-2018, 04:55 AM   #12
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
I used to write poetry;later on I managed a couple of novels.Lost the urge lately......
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:40 AM   #13
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by timebug View Post
I used to write poetry... Lost the urge lately...
I experience that from time to time. *nods*
Old 10-24-2018, 04:18 AM   #14
timebug
Ancient Sage
timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timebug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Reader
I think the loss of the creative 'urge' is generally caused by that thing called 'life' getting in the way!
timebug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:49 PM   #15
Dngrsone
Almost legible
Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dngrsone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy Tab A (2017), Likebook P78
The urge comes to me in spurts.

Wow, that sounds so dirty!

Anyhow, I have to channel my creativity into work right now.
Dngrsone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creativity, doodle, drawing, haiku, poem