Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 09:56 PM   #136
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreafor View Post
Hi i'm new of the thread and i don't know if i'm writing in the right post, but i'm having some issues with my likebook plus, i'm running the firmware1.0.2. When i try to use a bluetooth keyboard (i tried with different one and all of them works fine on other device) it just disconnect every 5 second.
So i tried with a usb mini keyboard connected with an otg usb adaptor, but the likebook doesn't seem to recognize it at all. I tried also with a pen drive but nothing.
The likebook should recognize the usb device plug and play or i have to install some app or root it to activate the otg function?
Thanks in advance
Not sure about keyboard but to enable otg you should root and then:

1: go to /system/ect/permissions/ and create file named android.hardware.usb.host.xml containing lines

<feature name="android.hardware.usb.host"/>
</permissions>

2: In files tablet_core_hardware.xml or handheld_core_hardware.xml or rk-core.xml add line

<feature name="android.hardware.usb.host" />
into <permissions> section.
Then reboot.
I used Root Master to root and Es file exporer.

Found it in this XDA developers thread.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:23 AM   #137
airbus02
Enthusiast
airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.airbus02 could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle pw3
just wanted to thank folk here for the help in getting my ts80 's bluetooth working again.

I had to get the img version of 1.02 that got linked a few posts up and very carefully follow the directions for how to use the rockchip batch tool software (I wasn't turning it off and restarting mid-process).

Some time soon, I'll try firmware 2.0 again.
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:10 PM   #138
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 & iPad Mini 5
OK. Now that we've installed and have been enjoying these updated ROMs, I have a question.

Who is updating these? Boyue, fellow enthusiasts? These sources aren't officially Boyue and, if I can trust my translator, I've seen chatter of code branching on those discussion boards.

I wasn't too concerned losing English dictionary in the launcher embedded e-book reader when I thought these were leaking beta releases. Now that I'm not sure, will it even be a focus?

Just wondering.

As much as I like my LikeBook Plus, the software is rather unpolished and disappointing. These ver2 releases have helped but when it comes time to upgrade, I'll most likely go with another brand.
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:08 AM   #139
ilyats
Connoisseur
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Muses T78D
Quote:
Originally Posted by aduffbrew View Post
OK. Now that we've installed and have been enjoying these updated ROMs, I have a question.

Who is updating these? Boyue, fellow enthusiasts?
AFAIU, these are pre-release versions by Boyue. I wonder if now with Likebook Mars having been released and belonging to the same category as Likebook Plus, Boyue will abandon further development of Likebook Plus firmware.

Last edited by ilyats; 10-04-2018 at 02:24 AM.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:29 AM   #140
flyx
flyx began at the beginning.

Device: Boyou T80
Anyway to add database to its dictionary ??
flyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:12 PM   #141
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast
huuduc1kk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, LifeBook plus
You can down it (dicts) and add to folder "Dict"

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ovdp/files/Stardict/

http://download.huzheng.org/dict.org/
huuduc1kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #142
flyx

I don't see "Dict" folder at root !
Old 10-21-2018, 02:10 AM   #143
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyx View Post
I don't see "Dict" folder at root !
Create it yourself under /sdcard.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:07 AM   #144
huuduc1kk2
Enthusiast
huuduc1kk2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo, LifeBook plus
Hi, if i had rooted my device
Can i delete another languages that i dont user?

Last edited by huuduc1kk2; 10-21-2018 at 04:10 AM.
huuduc1kk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 07:40 AM   #145
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Yes. If your device is rooted you can do anything, including making unintentional expensive mistakes.

You have to decide if your reasons for wanting to remove unused languages are sufficient to risk permanently bricking or cripple your device.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #146
flyx

I created Dict folder , but dictionary couldn't add database
Old 10-22-2018, 02:32 AM   #147
aduffbrew
Enthusiast

Quote:
I created Dict folder , but dictionary couldn't add database
Is it a stardict type database? All you need to do is download and expand the compressed file to show the .dict file format, move them to /sdcard/dict, launch Dictonary, and add it using the round gear icon in the top left.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:23 AM   #148
flyx

There isn't stardict installed at default , There is an app with name 'Dictionary' and it's default for Fbreader(default app) , i send screenshots , i dunno where to download data for such 'Dictionary' app !

Old 10-22-2018, 10:44 PM   #149
aduffbrew
Enthusiast

Quote:
i dunno where to download data for such 'Dictionary' app !
Check out post #141. Huuduc1kk2 gave the links.
Old 10-23-2018, 05:57 AM   #150
flyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by aduffbrew View Post
Check out post #141. Huuduc1kk2 gave the links.
I generated "Dict" folder and added a database but when i open 'Dictionary' app so it can't find dict files and ask me to add a dictionary for it!