Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-14-2018, 09:56 PM   #136
Neru
!
Neru is that somebody.Neru is that somebody.Neru is that somebody.Neru is that somebody.Neru is that somebody.Neru is that somebody.Neru is that somebody.Neru is that somebody.Neru is that somebody.Neru is that somebody.Neru is that somebody.

Device: BOOX I86ML, Icarus XL HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreafor View Post
Hi i'm new of the thread and i don't know if i'm writing in the right post, but i'm having some issues with my likebook plus, i'm running the firmware1.0.2. When i try to use a bluetooth keyboard (i tried with different one and all of them works fine on other device) it just disconnect every 5 second.
So i tried with a usb mini keyboard connected with an otg usb adaptor, but the likebook doesn't seem to recognize it at all. I tried also with a pen drive but nothing.
The likebook should recognize the usb device plug and play or i have to install some app or root it to activate the otg function?
Thanks in advance
Not sure about keyboard but to enable otg you should root and then:

1: go to /system/ect/permissions/ and create file named android.hardware.usb.host.xml containing lines

<feature name="android.hardware.usb.host"/>
</permissions>

2: In files tablet_core_hardware.xml or handheld_core_hardware.xml or rk-core.xml add line

<feature name="android.hardware.usb.host" />
into <permissions> section.
Then reboot.
I used Root Master to root and Es file exporer.

Found it in this XDA developers thread.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 12:23 AM   #137
airbus02
airbus02 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw3
just wanted to thank folk here for the help in getting my ts80 's bluetooth working again.

I had to get the img version of 1.02 that got linked a few posts up and very carefully follow the directions for how to use the rockchip batch tool software (I wasn't turning it off and restarting mid-process).

Some time soon, I'll try firmware 2.0 again.
airbus02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:10 PM   #138
aduffbrew
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue LikeBook Plus
OK. Now that we've installed and have been enjoying these updated ROMs, I have a question.

Who is updating these? Boyue, fellow enthusiasts? These sources aren't officially Boyue and, if I can trust my translator, I've seen chatter of code branching on those discussion boards.

I wasn't too concerned losing English dictionary in the launcher embedded e-book reader when I thought these were leaking beta releases. Now that I'm not sure, will it even be a focus?

Just wondering.

As much as I like my LikeBook Plus, the software is rather unpolished and disappointing. These ver2 releases have helped but when it comes time to upgrade, I'll most likely go with another brand.
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:08 AM   #139
ilyats
ilyats doesn't litterilyats doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus T80s
Quote:
Originally Posted by aduffbrew View Post
OK. Now that we've installed and have been enjoying these updated ROMs, I have a question.

Who is updating these? Boyue, fellow enthusiasts?
AFAIU, these are pre-release versions by Boyue. I wonder if now with Likebook Mars having been released and belonging to the same category as Likebook Plus, Boyue will abandon further development of Likebook Plus firmware.

Last edited by ilyats; 10-04-2018 at 02:24 AM.
ilyats is offline   Reply With Quote