Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-10-2018, 06:17 AM   #16
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hello,

I want try to see if my videos are usable on Max2. Under Linux, I use mainly MPV or VLC.

The two links are :
For VLC, I can choose between ARMv7 and [b]ARMv8], I suppose that the latest is good. Please, could you confirm ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #17
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I want try to see if my videos are usable on Max2. Under Linux, I use mainly MPV or VLC.
[...]
For VLC, I can choose between ARMv7 and ARMv8
I am using v7.

The RK3288 is 32bit (ARM Cortex-A17), the ARMv8 is 64bit only.

Last edited by mdp; 04-10-2018 at 10:01 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #18
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Eink could be nice for home security cameras, if the area had minimal scenery change.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #19
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
I am using v7.

The RK3288 is 32bit (ARM Cortex-A17), the ARMv8 is 64bit only.
Thank you, it's working.

I'm lazy, so I ask now the question : how to see the video in landscape mode, how to rotate the screen because I can't find any option in the Max2 or VLC ?

I suppose an other one APK must be installed.
Old 04-10-2018, 03:10 PM   #20
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I'm lazy, so I ask now the question : how to see the video in landscape mode, how to rotate the screen because I can't find any option in the Max2 or VLC ?

I suppose an other one APK must be installed.
No, it is in the VLC settings.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:41 PM   #21
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
No, it is in the VLC settings.
Hey, you have seen that I am not so lazy

But it's not easy to find the option

First, Ii is necessary to call the menu of VLC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180411-182843.png
Views:	140
Size:	587.0 KB
ID:	163412   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180411-182933.png
Views:	148
Size:	276.3 KB
ID:	163413   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180411-183028.png
Views:	138
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	163414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180411-183055.png
Views:	210
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	163415   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180411-183150.png
Views:	184
Size:	177.2 KB
ID:	163416  
Old 04-25-2018, 12:14 PM   #22
mdp
Wizard

Just to note that I managed to find a project which helps filling that immense lack in video playing on Android, the lack of video filtering:

the ExoPlayerFilter library from MasayukiSuda.

One can build a media player from the ExoPlayer library, and integrate it with the ExoPlayerFilter to modify the video output (e.g. sepia, negative, contrast, edge, bump etc.) as needed, through OpenGL Shaders.

I assume OpenGL Shaders work on recent Onyx devices (Rockchip based, not i.MX 6 based). A video player based on that library and good filters (I am thinking e.g. of "posterize" effects) may reduce the battery inefficiency caused by the random placement of black and white dots on the screen every frame, owing to dithering.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:44 AM   #23
Waiting4somethin
Addict
Waiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the roughWaiting4somethin is a jewel in the rough

Device: Wexler Flex One, NookST, n96ml+
Quote:
Just to note that I managed to find a project which helps filling that immense lack in video playing on Android, the lack of video filtering:

the ExoPlayerFilter library from MasayukiSuda.

One can build a media player from the ExoPlayer library, and integrate it with the ExoPlayerFilter to modify the video output (e.g. sepia, negative, contrast, edge, bump etc.) as needed, through OpenGL Shaders.

I assume OpenGL Shaders work on recent Onyx devices (Rockchip based, not i.MX 6 based). A video player based on that library and good filters (I am thinking e.g. of "posterize" effects) may reduce the battery inefficiency caused by the random placement of black and white dots on the screen every frame, owing to dithering.
The flashing in viseos seems somewhat irritating. I don’t have any technical knowledge about video but I share your desire to watch videos on onyx devices and hopefully will be able to use this solution, if not for my n96ml then for my future max2. Thanks.
Waiting4somethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:05 PM   #24
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting4somethin View Post
The flashing in viseos seems somewhat irritating. I don’t have any technical knowledge about video but I share your desire to watch videos on onyx devices and hopefully will be able to use this solution, if not for my n96ml then for my future max2. Thanks.
Flashing is too intrinsic in simultaneously animating and dithering through Floyd-Steinberg: the real solution is for Onyx to offer different dithering options - Floyd-Steinberg for static, a better suited dithering algorithm for animation.

Has anyone seen if the Floyd-Steinberg that is triggered by A2 is part of the SDK, or any other reachable code?