Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 02:16 PM   #16
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I also use Moon Reader Pro on my Kindle Fire 2nd Gen.
The only legit way to get the pro version is to buy from Google play store or Amazon. But Amazon flag it as not compatible with Kindle fire and will not allow a ourchase

So how did you manage to install a legal , licenced copy ?
That device will not run Google services to activate a play store licence.. and the Amazon app store on the device will not sell you a pro version from amazon

Last edited by stumped; 10-15-2018 at 02:22 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:43 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
They sideloaded it from another device. I have it on all my devices the Google version. I own the 2013 Fire HD 7 and it works fine without any hacking. You don't need any Google services to run it.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 12:54 AM   #18
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
They sideloaded it from another device. I have it on all my devices the Google version. I own the 2013 Fire HD 7 and it works fine without any hacking. You don't need any Google services to run it.

you cannot side load a google licence!
you need google store, services... on the device to buy and activate a paid app
unless moon+ pro author has not bothered to implement any license check
Old 10-16-2018, 12:11 PM   #19
cootcraig
Enthusiast
cootcraig began at the beginning.

Device: 2nd gen. Kindle Fire HD 8.9
Here's where I'm at now. I will keep using the built in kindle reader app. I use Calibre on Linux to manage my ebook library. I side load any non Kindle books from Calibre, using ES File Manager on the Fire tablet.

In the future I plan to get both an 9.7" iPad 6th Generation and a Kobo reader device. I am hooked on Calibre.
cootcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 06:55 AM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
you cannot side load a google licence!
you need google store, services... on the device to buy and activate a paid app
unless moon+ pro author has not bothered to implement any license check
Correct. There is no license check. You can use Moon+ pro on a non Google official device. I've been doing it for years. I have bought the app twice. Once from Google and once from Amazon. I prefer the Google version as it's updated faster. On my 2013 Fire I sideloaded it from my LG Volt which has KitKat.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Old 10-17-2018, 07:11 AM   #21
stumped
Wizard

ok, that explains it , thanks- .
so I should be able to copy my google version to my 3rd gen fire tablet if I want to - good to know. I just assumed there would be a check, which would fail, as I have seen that happen with other paid apps
Old 10-17-2018, 03:28 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
ok, that explains it , thanks- .
so I should be able to copy my google version to my 3rd gen fire tablet if I want to - good to know. I just assumed there would be a check, which would fail, as I have seen that happen with other paid apps
Yep. You can use it on your Fire without issues. The developer is pretty good on keeping it Kindle Fire compatible. The one time it was broke for the Fire, I emailed them and was able to help test the fix for it. I've been using the App from way back when it only supported plain text without formatting. It's come a very long way.

I've tried many eReader apps but always come back to Moon+

Old 10-23-2018, 06:26 PM   #23
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
The only legit way to get the pro version is to buy from Google play store or Amazon. But Amazon flag it as not compatible with Kindle fire and will not allow a ourchase

So how did you manage to install a legal , licenced copy ?
That device will not run Google services to activate a play store licence.. and the Amazon app store on the device will not sell you a pro version from amazon
Sorry I missed this comment. I'm glad Blossom answered some explanations. Honestly I can't remember. I've had this device since 2012. I suppose it's possible I don't have the pro version on the fire (just checked and can't tell, but it does say Moon+ by it, but I do recall buying the pro version years back on the google app store. It was years ago and my memory isn't impressive.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote