Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Steven Lake Price Reduction, other Independents

Dear All:

Steven Lake has very graciously reduced prices on three of his novels. These are TOP science fiction full-length novels running at $5-$8!! They are up now and ready to download without DRM! That is exactly how you wanted it and you got it.

Here is a speed link to find his eBooks:
http://www.ezread.com/independent_step1.asp.

Steven's "The Oort Perimeter" is still a FREE download on EZread.com under the Meet The Author button on the left side!

Joining Steven today under Independent Authors is Dave Conifer. Dave writes human interest fiction (more commonly known as Literary Fiction). He has five titles posted today. They also are DRM free... just as you want them! Dave's novels are engrossing... a little parody, a little comedy, a lotta drama, and a bit of THRILLER. Titles are: "Snodgrass Vacation", "eBully", "Firehouse", "Throwback", and "Man of Steel"!! They are a bargain at $1.99 each. His "Interview With the Author" will be up today also!!

You want Independent Authors... www.EZread.com has them! You want non-DRM? Ditto? You want low prices? Double Ditto!!

This site is evolving nicely, folks!! We just signed a contract for a complete and professional site redesign including the new wishlist! As always, membership is FREE!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Since I don't have an account it won't display your independent's (asks me to login). Not really a good way to get folks to browse the site IMO (making them register).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
Robertb
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Membership is free and simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Since I don't have an account it won't display your independent's (asks me to login). Not really a good way to get folks to browse the site IMO (making them register).
Dear AnemicOak:

The idea of becoming a member on an eBook Store like www.EZread.com is to get more eBooks up for the members. Membership is free and does not cause anyone duress.

Here is WHY we want you to become a member:

Publishers want to know the site has a decent amount of users. They can refuse a site to carry their titles if it does not have a good proven base.

Independent Publishers and Authors also ask the question: "will it give me good exposure?". Number of members is a good indicator for them.

It is not easy putting a good eBook Store together. We are losing money right now but dedicated to improving it. IF you become a FREE Member you will note that our prices are really low all the time. In return we ask you to become a member so we can get up more titles. I do not see this as a trap. Also, it lets us keep some track of who goes there and what they like to buy. We do not sell that info... it is used to get up more titles in your favorite genre.

I think you may be reading more into this "Member" thing than necessary. Yes, it does help us... but it also helps us to help you!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I'd rather be able to browse what there and the decide if I want to have an account at yet one more ebook store, but whatever I'm sure you'll get plenty of sign-ups.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #5
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Robert, I had a look at the independent authors page today and noticed the billing information only allows the selection of Canada or the US, and after adding books into your cart and wanting to checkout there is no country option there either under "Required Billing Information".

Is the bookstore currently limited to only sales in US/Canada?

Just an idea that cropped into my head too, most ebook stores send newsletters to subscribers listing new books and specials etc (EZRead hasn't as yet but it is early days). Thought that I had (perhaps of some value for discussion) is allow subscribers to select tick boxes of genres they are interested in and receive newsletters about new ebooks and specials in those genres selected.

I'm a big sci-fi fan and currently I receive a few newsletters from ebook sites each week and it lists random books like 5 romance novels, 10 horror, 20 action/thriller etc etc that are new and are on sale, and 99% of those books are of absolute no interest to me (and slowly I am starting to ignore these emails). I'm not sure on other peoples opinions but I sure would love to be able to tick a box to say "only send me info on new sci-fi/fantasy ebooks" or the genres most interested in.

As I said, it is just an idea. Might be of some value, might not be.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 02:25 PM   #6
Robertb

Independent authors and geographical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
Robert, I had a look at the independent authors page today and noticed the billing information only allows the selection of Canada or the US, and after adding books into your cart and wanting to checkout there is no country option there either under "Required Billing Information".

Is the bookstore currently limited to only sales in US/Canada?

Just an idea that cropped into my head too, most ebook stores send newsletters to subscribers listing new books and specials etc (EZRead hasn't as yet but it is early days). Thought that I had (perhaps of some value for discussion) is allow subscribers to select tick boxes of genres they are interested in and receive newsletters about new ebooks and specials in those genres selected.

I'm a big sci-fi fan and currently I receive a few newsletters from ebook sites each week and it lists random books like 5 romance novels, 10 horror, 20 action/thriller etc etc that are new and are on sale, and 99% of those books are of absolute no interest to me (and slowly I am starting to ignore these emails). I'm not sure on other peoples opinions but I sure would love to be able to tick a box to say "only send me info on new sci-fi/fantasy ebooks" or the genres most interested in.

As I said, it is just an idea. Might be of some value, might not be.
Dear Solicitous:

To be sure, we will NOT sell our members info to anyone else. That is in our new Privacy Policy. However, we will from time to time send info about special deals or new features or new authors on our site to our members. You do not need to check a box. Is this good? Well, I think that what we send will be pretty important news and will not fill anyone's email box with numerous emails from EZRead. I think if we keep it seldom and make it relevant all will be pleased. Every day my own email is beseiged with emails from hotels, bariatric sites, and stupid offers to buy Viagara. I know we intend to be judicious and only send short one page updates on several things at once. More like a newsletter.

I am a big fan of Sci-Fi and Fantasy also. These two genres are what we pursue hard. Hopefully you have tried Steven Lakes free sci-fi eBook. Are you aware that this first free book is the start of a 7-novel saga? Books 2&3 are now up on our site too... plus the first book of a new 12-novel saga. Prices are dirt cheap and his writing is excellent. We hope to have Steven signing autographs at our CES booth this year.

The only books presently limited to geographic boundaries are the Google FREE eBooks. The others are open to the entire world. The problem is we need to get PayPal up on our site to allow international buying. That is being done and I ask for it almost daily!
Old 06-16-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear Solicitous:

We hope to have Steven signing autographs at our CES booth this year.
I think I need some more coffee... my first thought was, how is he going to sign an ebook?
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #8
Robertb

He will sign a picture with info on his titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
I think I need some more coffee... my first thought was, how is he going to sign an ebook?
Dear Davimee:

Yes, that occured to me also. I think we can do something nice and possibly include an offer coupon or something.

Save me some coffee!!
Old 06-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #9
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Dear Davimee:

Yes, that occured to me also. I think we can do something nice and possibly include an offer coupon or something.

Save me some coffee!!
See, I was thinking we could all bring our EZReaders, and he could sign those! And I'll drink a cup in honor of you!
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #10
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Hey, Robertb, you guys should consider offering Paypal and Google Checkout as other payment options. I know a lot of people who use those two services a lot.

Oh, and a side note, the 12 book novel series you're referring to (ie, the DreamLand Articles) isn't actually 12 books. It's actually a series of short story anthologies, each of which contains 12 short stories. Right now I've only got 4 books in the series (one released, one pending, and two on the work table), just to clear that up.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:51 PM   #11
Robertb

It is 4 and not 12!! And get my PayPal!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Hey, Robertb, you guys should consider offering Paypal and Google Checkout as other payment options. I know a lot of people who use those two services a lot.

Oh, and a side note, the 12 book novel series you're referring to (ie, the DreamLand Articles) isn't actually 12 books. It's actually a series of short story anthologies, each of which contains 12 short stories. Right now I've only got 4 books in the series (one released, one pending, and two on the work table), just to clear that up.
Dear Steven:

See, I was just trying to get you to write more often. I note only 4!

PayPal is not a secret. I see it as pure bullcrap that we do not have it yet. Its like buying a new car and saying I think I will refuse to buy gas for it. We got a new eBook Store and we refuse to serve a major group of customers. Now, the PM will kick my butt for this and punish me severely... BUT WE NEED PAYPAL NOW!!

I have already said too much. I just want us to get it done!!
Old 06-19-2010, 02:02 AM   #12
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Quote:
Dear Davimee:

Save me some coffee!!
Actually, my publisher and I already came up with a solution for that. For the events where you're either electronically selling and transferring the ebooks, or even doing ebooks on physical media (likely an sd card, or cdrom), you can do one of several things.

1. Use a signing card. This is typically a 5x7 piece of paper with a place that the author can sign and dedicate the book to the person, even though it's digital in nature.

2. Posters and fliers (with a box where someone can put their signature). These can include information on the book(s), the author, and in your case EZread, or pretty much anything you want related to EZread and/or the author. Just because your product is digital doesn't mean you can't have some type of physical item the person can sign or write a dedication on.

Also, the coupon idea is pretty good as well.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:43 PM   #13
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
For non-DRM books you could design them with an image just after the cover. This is for signing or you could have printouts of the cover page and sign that. Scan it it and replace the page and voila you have an autographed copy.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote