Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-29-2021, 08:46 PM   #1
Newby31
Newby31 began at the beginning.

Device: Note Air 2
Help with Note Air 2

Hi all,
I'm new here and to ereaders and need your help. I really like to active read which is why I got the Air 2 so I hope it can do the things I like but I can't figure out how to import an internet article and make notes on it. I've tried instapaper, Pocket, etc but everytime it imports it, I can't take notes on it. Any suggestions?

The other thing is taking notes while it's reading a book or pdf to me. Is there a way to do this? My pen won't work unless I shut the TTS off. Suggestions?

Many thanks
Newby31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:55 AM   #2
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
The only thing I can suggest that I know would work is:

|1) Use FIRESHOT extension (in Chrome, maybe FF) to save the page or section to a pdf

2) While still in your browser, go to the Boox Drop url and send the doc to your device (via your wifi)- should only take a couple of key strokes (to get the URL, go to Boox Drop app in your Air)
a) Note: device needs to be ON and Boox Drop must not be disabled (see drop down main menu in device)

3) The PDF should now be in your library. Open it and start reading/annotating!

Last edited by LivresInOz; 11-30-2021 at 07:04 AM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2021, 07:12 AM   #3
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Using TTS and marking up at the same time:
I just tested EZ Pdf and it does it.
Its TTS is also one of the better ones.

You will need to install Play store on the Boox.
There are a couple of tricky steps: for details on how to do it, go to My Deep Guide and find the relevant section of his in-depth guide to using Boox devices.

The problem with the TTS on the native reader in the Boox (NeoReader) anyway is that when you use TTS it suddenly reverts to showing the whole page. So the text is quite small. This is pretty bad and I couldn't find a way to change it.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:23 PM   #4
Newby31

Thank you
Old 12-02-2021, 06:18 AM   #5
Jötunn
Jötunn began at the beginning.

Device: Aura H2O, Note Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenji View Post
[B]
You will need to install Play store on the Boox.
There are a couple of tricky steps: for details on how to do it, go to My Deep Guide and find the relevant section of his in-depth guide to using Boox devices.
With the newest update the activation is found in Apps=>App Management (upper right corner the icon most far to the right edge of the screen...) not in Settings=>System Settings. The rest is as described in Vojas guide besides that onyx has optimized the activation (stated in the log of the newest firmware update). I got an instant activation after following the first part of the process (no waiting or restarting necessary). That is probably what they mean with "optimized"...

Last edited by Jötunn; 12-02-2021 at 06:20 AM.
Jötunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2021, 03:11 PM   #6
Newby31

Jötunn, can you explain your reply? I've never owned one of these and I need it explained very simply. Many thanks
Old 12-04-2021, 10:17 PM   #7
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
I can’t stop advise to try EinkBro. You can open your web page and then covert it to epub there. Then you open epub and voilà, you can annotate that epub article!
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 06:00 AM   #8
Jötunn
Jötunn began at the beginning.

Device: Aura H2O, Note Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby31 View Post
Jötunn, can you explain your reply? I've never owned one of these and I need it explained very simply. Many thanks
It is simpler if you just use this guides than someone describing it via text. As said the procedure is the same with the newest update, just the activation setting has been moved around the menu structure by onyx (it make sense like it is now and they should stop changing the menu and setting structure with every update. It is confusing beta behavior).

It is really not difficult just go to the options in the app section and the activation is there but if you really don't find it, respond and I'm willing to provide some screenshots.

@hel

Einkbro is great and it is ideal when you have a manageable number of websites from which you want converting from but if you are browsing the web or researching via different search engines or even databases etc. nothing beats keyboard+mouse+normal screen of some kind and that is probably why people are looking for regular browser extensions and then transfering the files to the onyx.

Last edited by Jötunn; 12-08-2021 at 06:06 AM.
Jötunn is offline   Reply With Quote