Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2014, 11:58 PM   #1
krcrouse
krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Quick util to wait for press (in shell or python)

Hi all,

I picked up a PW2 after Christmas, jailbroke it, and have been playing around with the Dropbox API. I have the skeleton of a subfolder syncing app up and running.

Wanting to keep it minimal, I created a KUAL menu option to run sync and connected to the EIPS utility to display sync status on the display. That's great. All I need is to connect to a utility to wait for some/any touch before returning to the Kual menu.

Any recommendation on how to wait for any touch? I've been working off of the minimal python and don't want to install new modules if possible.

Thanks,

Kevin
krcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:28 AM   #2
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
pretty sure I used waitforkey() in maybe the clock extension?

also there is a dropbox sync extension for KUAL, but alternatives are great!
check out post #15
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227348
uses kterm if you want or just use the KUAL buttons after you configure.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2014, 12:55 AM   #3
krcrouse
krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.krcrouse is faster than slow light.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Hey Brian,

Thanks for the comment and link. I'll give that a try. I saw the thread that you were referring to (and responded to quite a few times).

The one I'm working on is a more automated and probably more simplistic than what you saw there, if I read what you were saying about the dropbox_uploader right. Assuming my programming logic is legit, it will have 2-way sync and be essentially automatic (e.g. whatever's in the subfolder on your computer will be pulled down, any changes on the kindle will be pushed up). Looks like dropbox-uploader requires a bit more user input, though I didn't test it out.

Best,

Kevin
krcrouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:02 AM   #4
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
With whatever script you set up, you could make it do both upload and download. It is a bit tricky to set up, since you need to get a key in a special file. Once that is done, though, it's a simple matter to have whatever KUAL buttons you want or even use the kterm interface to do other things like make new directories on the dropbox site or whatever.

Whatever you come up with might be nice - like I said before I don't really have a need for it, but I like the idea of it. Have fun!
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote