Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Icon Size

I normally have Preferences/Look and Feel/Icon Size set to Off

The only time I show the icons is when I want to do a screen capture that includes the icons to post here. I wanted to do that today, but when I changed the setting the icons were not shown

I restarted, I rebooted with in safe mode (no network, no AV, no firewall, no 3rd party daemons) - made no difference

If I change other L&F settings - style, layout, extra spacing etc - they take effect (after any necessary restart)

I restored my config as of Thu, Wed and Tue nights, but got the same problem. I'm not keen on going back beyond that and given I don't like the icons anyway it's not worth my time building a new config.

Its not the icon design I don't like it's icons period, I don't like covers embedded ebooks either I rip 'em out with Modify - they both waste space.

Where is the setting stored, and can I change it manually - if so what and how

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Works for me. The setting is stored in gui.json and called toolbar_icon_size
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2014, 11:55 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The setting changed in the json file when I hit Apply - no point in editing it by hand then

So on a whim I rebuilt the main menu bar - and yes, that fixed it

BR - Ψ

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-07-2014 at 12:06 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote